Reader reviews and comments on Komarr, plus links to write your own review.

Komarr

Jun 1998, 320 pages
    May 1999, 366 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Komarr

Melody

What a wonderful book--and a good place to start this series if you haven't found it before now! Miles has matured if not mellowed and we finally see a heroine capable of handling him with grace. As always, Bujold writes solid well crafted science fiction with both action and depth. She makes you examine your own humanity in a new light--without beating you over the head with it.

Be sure to check out the hilarious sequel, "A Civil Campaign" where we get to see Miles attempt a courtship as only he can!
Anonymous

Irene Flebbe
This book continues the character development of that most interesting of figures, Miles. I really liked the new love interest, Ekaterin. Give me a strong woman who acts, and keeps her self doubts to herself! Another thing I liked was Miles's thoughts of appreciation for Barrayor's native flora in terms of its beauty and historical value.
Too often in SF novels, if any mention of a destroyed ecology is mentioned, it is in terms of the effects of its loss to the sentient beings (see Dune, Grass) rather than(Got way off the subject, there!) Anyway, I have read Komarr several times now, and I find something new to like at each reading. I like where Lois is going - Miles is maturing into a really likeable as well as admirable person. Bravo!

• Book Jacket: American Prison
    American Prison
    by Shane Bauer
    After spending over two years in Iran's notorious Evin Prison for supposedly crossing the country's ...
  • Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...
  • Book Jacket: Brother
    Brother
    by David Chariandy
    Brother is the brief, moving account of how a single, tragic moment in time can alter the course of ...

The Removes by Tatjana Soli

A powerful, transporting novel about the addictive intensity and freedom of the American frontier.

Sold on a Monday
    by Kristina McMorris

An unforgettable novel inspired by a stunning piece of history.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter