Reader reviews and comments on Komarr, plus links to write your own review.

Komarr

Jun 1998, 320 pages
    May 1999, 366 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Komarr

Melody

What a wonderful book--and a good place to start this series if you haven't found it before now! Miles has matured if not mellowed and we finally see a heroine capable of handling him with grace. As always, Bujold writes solid well crafted science fiction with both action and depth. She makes you examine your own humanity in a new light--without beating you over the head with it.

Be sure to check out the hilarious sequel, "A Civil Campaign" where we get to see Miles attempt a courtship as only he can!
Anonymous

Irene Flebbe
This book continues the character development of that most interesting of figures, Miles. I really liked the new love interest, Ekaterin. Give me a strong woman who acts, and keeps her self doubts to herself! Another thing I liked was Miles's thoughts of appreciation for Barrayor's native flora in terms of its beauty and historical value.
Too often in SF novels, if any mention of a destroyed ecology is mentioned, it is in terms of the effects of its loss to the sentient beings (see Dune, Grass) rather than(Got way off the subject, there!) Anyway, I have read Komarr several times now, and I find something new to like at each reading. I like where Lois is going - Miles is maturing into a really likeable as well as admirable person. Bravo!

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Days When Birds Come Back
    by Deborah Reed

Win Mothers of Sparta

Mothers of Sparta: A Memoir

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!