Reader reviews and comments on Komarr, plus links to write your own review.

Komarr

Jun 1998, 320 pages
    May 1999, 366 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Komarr

Melody

What a wonderful book--and a good place to start this series if you haven't found it before now! Miles has matured if not mellowed and we finally see a heroine capable of handling him with grace. As always, Bujold writes solid well crafted science fiction with both action and depth. She makes you examine your own humanity in a new light--without beating you over the head with it.

Be sure to check out the hilarious sequel, "A Civil Campaign" where we get to see Miles attempt a courtship as only he can!
Anonymous

Irene Flebbe
This book continues the character development of that most interesting of figures, Miles. I really liked the new love interest, Ekaterin. Give me a strong woman who acts, and keeps her self doubts to herself! Another thing I liked was Miles's thoughts of appreciation for Barrayor's native flora in terms of its beauty and historical value.
Too often in SF novels, if any mention of a destroyed ecology is mentioned, it is in terms of the effects of its loss to the sentient beings (see Dune, Grass) rather than(Got way off the subject, there!) Anyway, I have read Komarr several times now, and I find something new to like at each reading. I like where Lois is going - Miles is maturing into a really likeable as well as admirable person. Bravo!

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by D.B. John
  • Book Jacket: The Abbot's Tale
    The Abbot's Tale
    by Conn Iggulden
    The Abbot's Tale purports to be a re-discovered manuscript written by a real historical figure,...

Mississippi Blood by Greg Iles

New York Times bestselling author Greg Iles illuminates the brutal history of the American South.

Me, Myself and Them
    by Dan Mooney

A fresh, funny and heart-wrenching story about human connection and the power of friendship.

Win A Place for Us