Reader reviews and comments on The Story of a Marriage, plus links to write your own review.

by Andrew Sean Greer

Apr 2008, 208 pages
    Mar 2009, 208 pages

Lucia Silva

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Story of a Marriage

Michelle (04/15/11)

Something missing?
I thought this book was well written and had an interesting subject matter, but I wanted to know what Holland's thoughts were. Maybe that was the point of the book - that you never really know what your partner is thinking. I think it will be a good discussion book for my book group.
Power Reviewer Kim (12/02/08)

The Story of a Marriage
This is certainly a very well-written, involving novel that examines the complexities of love and marriage. Greer's prose is evocative and at times almost poetic. His characters are well-drawn and three-dimensional. I do have to admit, though, that although I enjoyed reading the book very much, there were a couple of plot elements I thought were introduced in an overly contrived manner, causing a disconnect rather than drawing me deeper into the novel.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review