Reader reviews and comments on The Savage Garden, plus links to write your own review.

The Savage Garden

by Mark Mills

The Savage Garden by Mark Mills X
The Savage Garden by Mark Mills

May 2007, 336 pages
    May 2008, 352 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Savage Garden

Kim

Wow! Everything a mystery should be
I picked up Savage Garden based on the reviews here on BookBrowse, and I'm delighted that I did. This is an uncommon and exceptional mystery novel. It's a bit different in that there really isn't any question as to who murdered whom. The book instead focuses on the "why" of the crimes. The characters are deep and well-drawn. The writing is quite good, heavy with references to literature and art. My only gripe is the inclusion of some very gratuitous (and rather dull) sex scenes that are jarringly unnecessary to the plot. (I'm not a prude. I'm fine with sex scenes. Their inclusion in this case simply felt awkward, contrived, and not particularly well done.) Aside from that, however, this is a wonderful book, and one that I'm very pleased to be able to recommend to my friends.
Liz M.

The Savage Garden
I loved this book, I couldn't put it down. It was a mystery and a love story taking place in Italy. I highly recommend it.
Kimberley

review
I thought it was very dull and boring. Adam almost bore me to tears! Along with every other character in this book. I was always waiting for something more exciting to happen, but it never did.
Anno

Savage Garden
I was really enjoying the book till about halfway through then I just wanted it to move on the pace was so slow, it just got boring. I had guessed the killer early on and really wanted to be proved wrong as it was predictable. After reading the reviews I was really looking forward to a really good read but when I finished I just felt flat. It was a well write book on much a do about nothing.

• Book Jacket: Southernmost
    Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of the Fox
    Confessions of the Fox
    by Jordy Rosenberg
    In Confessions of the Fox, a fictional academic, Dr. Voth, finds a manuscript in the library where ...
  • Book Jacket: Tango Lessons
    Tango Lessons
    by Meghan Flaherty
    Meghan Flaherty's touching memoir, Tango Lessons, reveals some hard but important truths about ...
    The Almost Sisters
    Joshilyn Jackson's The Almost Sisters is a powerful look at the intersection of privilege, family, ...

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger.

Fly Girls
    by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Meet Me at the Museum
    by Anne Youngson

A celebration of letters, kindred spirits and writing a new story for yourself.

Our House
    by Louise Candlish

A disturbing and addictive novel of domestic suspense.

Win Vox

VOX by Christina Dalcher

The story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where half the population is silenced.

T B Y Speak