Reader reviews and comments on Banker to the Poor, plus links to write your own review.

Banker to the Poor

Jun 1999, 258 pages
    Oct 2003, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Banker to the Poor

Phearun Kuch

Idea from student from a developing country
After hearing the title of the book from a friends of my. I remembered the name of the book straight away "Banker to the Poor"

It is a very interesting book with clear and easy to understand message. It is so important for us all as students to learn about this issue by reflecting the message in the book and the poor society we live in.

If one ask me what book a like to read, I will say "Banker to the Poor". And I already put this in my blog profile and I found hundred of people similar to me writing the title "Banker to the Poor " in their favorite book.
Velma

War Against Poverty
It sounded so simple I wondered that no one had ever tried it before. Then I remembered big business and the lending companies that I had personal experience with. No, they would never do this even if it occurred to them. There isn't enough profit. However, I am so glad that someone saw beyond the bottom line and tried micro-lending. This book is a fascinating look at one man's war against poverty. He saw a need and came up with a way to fight. Although I don't understand all the ins and outs of money lending this is a heart warming story of many people's escape from mind numbing poverty and the man who helped them do it. It should be required reading.

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes