Reader reviews and comments on Banker to the Poor, plus links to write your own review.

Banker to the Poor

Jun 1999, 258 pages
    Oct 2003, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Banker to the Poor

Phearun Kuch

Idea from student from a developing country
After hearing the title of the book from a friends of my. I remembered the name of the book straight away "Banker to the Poor"

It is a very interesting book with clear and easy to understand message. It is so important for us all as students to learn about this issue by reflecting the message in the book and the poor society we live in.

If one ask me what book a like to read, I will say "Banker to the Poor". And I already put this in my blog profile and I found hundred of people similar to me writing the title "Banker to the Poor " in their favorite book.
Velma

War Against Poverty
It sounded so simple I wondered that no one had ever tried it before. Then I remembered big business and the lending companies that I had personal experience with. No, they would never do this even if it occurred to them. There isn't enough profit. However, I am so glad that someone saw beyond the bottom line and tried micro-lending. This book is a fascinating look at one man's war against poverty. He saw a need and came up with a way to fight. Although I don't understand all the ins and outs of money lending this is a heart warming story of many people's escape from mind numbing poverty and the man who helped them do it. It should be required reading.

• Book Jacket: Southernmost
    Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of the Fox
    Confessions of the Fox
    by Jordy Rosenberg
    In Confessions of the Fox, a fictional academic, Dr. Voth, finds a manuscript in the library where ...
  • Book Jacket: Tango Lessons
    Tango Lessons
    by Meghan Flaherty
    Meghan Flaherty's touching memoir, Tango Lessons, reveals some hard but important truths about ...
    The Almost Sisters
    Joshilyn Jackson's The Almost Sisters is a powerful look at the intersection of privilege, family, ...

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger.

So Much Life Left Over
    by Louis de Bernieres

An evocative and emotional novel set between the World Wars.

Our House
    by Louise Candlish

A disturbing and addictive novel of domestic suspense.

Meet Me at the Museum
    by Anne Youngson

A celebration of letters, kindred spirits and writing a new story for yourself.

Win Vox

VOX by Christina Dalcher

The story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where half the population is silenced.

T B Y Speak