Reader reviews and comments on Banker to the Poor, plus links to write your own review.

Banker to the Poor

Jun 1999, 258 pages
    Oct 2003, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Banker to the Poor

Phearun Kuch

Idea from student from a developing country
After hearing the title of the book from a friends of my. I remembered the name of the book straight away "Banker to the Poor"

It is a very interesting book with clear and easy to understand message. It is so important for us all as students to learn about this issue by reflecting the message in the book and the poor society we live in.

If one ask me what book a like to read, I will say "Banker to the Poor". And I already put this in my blog profile and I found hundred of people similar to me writing the title "Banker to the Poor " in their favorite book.
Velma

War Against Poverty
It sounded so simple I wondered that no one had ever tried it before. Then I remembered big business and the lending companies that I had personal experience with. No, they would never do this even if it occurred to them. There isn't enough profit. However, I am so glad that someone saw beyond the bottom line and tried micro-lending. This book is a fascinating look at one man's war against poverty. He saw a need and came up with a way to fight. Although I don't understand all the ins and outs of money lending this is a heart warming story of many people's escape from mind numbing poverty and the man who helped them do it. It should be required reading.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Strangers in Budapest
    by Jessica Keener

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who divide the world into two kinds of people, and those who don'...

E Dog H I D