Reader reviews and comments on Just In Case, plus links to write your own review.

Just In Case

Jan 2008, 256 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Just In Case

Ari

justin case
I liked it a lot, I would always end up thinking about the book after I finished reading it for the time, it got sort of confusing but hey what 16 year old boy doesn't get confused. well I liked reading a book from a boys point of view. being a woman who wrote it I wonder how she knows how boys think. Well anyways I have to do a project on it and I'm finding it very hard to write about it, because the book is so deep or something I don't know over my head maybe. I cant seem to be able to put the main ideas in order to make like a sort of scene selection for like a movie.
RBD

Just in case
I love it... im a teenager and i think every teenager is trying to find a way to survive life!! And this story is amazingly real!!
thea

mmm...
I'm 19 and i work in a kids bookshop. i don't say that to get me extra cred, but just to say that i have been reading quite a bit of teen fiction lately. But it is only Just in Case that has me 'googling' to find out more about its author. This is a beautiful book. Deep and interesting and beautifully written. Found myself reading a paragraph and then wanting to read it again because i wish i could write like that.

Its also a book that keeps on coming back into my head for some reason. I love how its looks at teenagers. And how it shows that you can parody something at the same time as being deeply sympathetic with it. Meg Rosoff is a very talented writer, and is definitely in a field of her own in the world of teen writing...read it... :)
An

really like someone put somethings in the case
Sometimes it's worth taking a look at human existence from a grand perspective, rising up and seeing the bigger picture. These are the massive concerns of the flailing "hero" who lollops from adventure to misadventure, via catastrophe, in Meg Rosoff's intrepid new novel.
Soraka&APYi Combo

Very interesting
I have not completed this book but i am finding it interesting. This has very a very strange story and the main character is very strange and has a very dirty mind. A lot of the time he thinks of sex and thinks of things in sexual ways. For example he is waiting at the train station and has a delusion of him having sex with Agnes. Fate is very interesting but does extremely cruel things without thought. Book is not bad.
Emily

Well Written!
This was a wonderfully written book that tackles a subject that most teen authors don’t dare to tackle, fate. The main character, David Case, suspects fate is out to get him after his brother experiences a near death situation. In fear of fate making his life worse he changes his identity, and name to Justin. In his race to escape fate he comes in contact with many deadly situations that turn his life upside down, like contracting a disease to being one of few survivors of a terrible plane accident. I can easily relate to his 5-year old logic that, if I can’t see it It can’t see me. His logic and thoughts behind his actions, sometimes rash and sometimes comical will always hit you in just the right spot.

My main reason for liking this book is that sometimes fate is narrating the story. Some high power that David/Justin believes his controlling every ones lives always has some remark about what ever David/Justin does. The view is fine up here. I can look out across the world and see everything. One of my favorite sentences from fate is “For instance, I can see a fifteen-year-old boy and his brother.” It was going completely against David/Justin’s Logic and he is completely oblivious to it. I found this aspect of the book comical but almost creepy.

Meg Rossof uses such common language that every one can understand to weave such a complicated-at-first-look kind of plot. She makes David/Justin so paranoid that those fears begin to grow on you too. And that is a exceptionally good thing.
Kathryn Minn

Just In Case
I thought that it was a very funny and ironic type book. One that I wouldn't normally read but will read more of the sametype now that i have read one which is so good. I thought that it was great how he had things which guys that age wouldn't normally have such as an imaginary dog.
Rhe Simmons

Not to shabby- if I may say.
Just In Case was superb in its own right. Not bad at all. Unique, but at the same time, it conformed and followed the the trends of a lot of the other teen reading out there right now. It was realistic, and I appreciate that very much so. The whole idea of the plot was completely original. Nice. Nice.

• Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!