Reader reviews and comments on The Dreamwalker's Child, plus links to write your own review.

The Dreamwalker's Child

by Steve Voake

The Dreamwalker's Child by Steve Voake X
The Dreamwalker's Child by Steve Voake

Apr 2006, 320 pages
    Mar 2007, 320 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Dreamwalker's Child

Alfred

Read the book and I dare you not to fall in love with it.
You know what I hate about The Dreamwalker's Child? The fact that it has very little recognition. Sure, the blurb did not give the book justice, but there is a reason why they say 'not to judge a book by it's cover.' The whole book was amazing, the plot, the writing; everything that makes a book whole. It was simple, yet there was something that made it special. Maybe it was the action. Maybe it was how Steve Voake described his fantasy world. Or maybe it was just the fact that we might meet someone just like the characters in real life. Whatever the element was, it made me feel that once I closed the final page, I ended my journey.
Lorna

An excellent read!
I was so surprised by The Dreamwalker's Child. I picked it up really as a last resort when I was shopping for books to take to London for the weekend. I was rather skeptical from reading the blurb-the whole insect fascination thing was rather strange. Even so I was pulled into the story and felt I couldn't put it down. The plot was exceptionally clever and a magnificent read. Being left at a cliffhanger at the end I was rather disappointed to then realise it had came as a special offer with a sequel and I'm off to read it now! I'd like to thank Steve Voake for the pleasure of reading The Dreamwalkers Child. It was however at times slightly difficult to keep up with the bizarre names of some of the places and people and i do warn you to hold out even when it seems a bit flat but I can assure you that that was not often. I hope you enjoy it.

Lorna B , 13
Emma, 13

Dreamwalker's Child is awsome!
I read this book for a project, not knowing if I was going to even enjoy it. It just so happens that I couldn't put it down! The Dreamwalker's Child caught me and sucked me into its exceptional storyline and characters. I really felt like I could be in the main character's shoes. I loved the book so much that I bought it. After seeing me read this book, most of my friends want to read it too! The Dreamwalker's Child is a perfect book for young adults and classrooms. I can't wait for Steven Voake's next book!

• Book Jacket: Everything Inside
    Everything Inside
    by Edwidge Danticat
    Edwidge Danticat is a Haitian-American writer, and Haiti looms large as a presence in this ...
  • Book Jacket: The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    by Christy Lefteri
    In Christy Lefteri's sophomore novel, The Beekeeper of Aleppo, the author introduces readers to ...
  • Book Jacket: Marilou Is Everywhere
    Marilou Is Everywhere
    by Sarah Elaine Smith
    "The point is that at that moment in my life," writes the narrator of Sarah Elaine Smith's debut ...
  • Book Jacket: Let's Call It a Doomsday
    Let's Call It a Doomsday
    by Katie Henry
    However the world will end, Ellis Kimball is ready for it. Her obsessive stash of survivalist ...

Yale Needs Women
    by Anne Gardiner Perkins

A tale of courage in the face of arrogance that remains eerily relevant on U.S. campuses today.

The Secrets We Kept
    by Lara Prescott

Reese Witherspoon's Sept Book Club Pick!
    "This is the rare page-turner with prose that’s as wily as its plot."—EW

Book Club
Today We Go Home
by Kelli Estes

Illuminating and deeply human, Today We Go Home shines a light on the brave military women of the past and present.

Win Chase Darkness with Me

How One True-Crime Writer Started Solving Murders

Have you ever wanted to solve a murder? Gather the clues the police overlooked? Put together the pieces? Identify the suspect?

S S A C A Big S