What readers think of The Dreamwalker's Child, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The Dreamwalker's Child

by Steve Voake

The Dreamwalker's Child by Steve Voake X
The Dreamwalker's Child by Steve Voake

Apr 2006, 320 pages

Mar 2007, 320 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Dreamwalker's Child

Alfred

Read the book and I dare you not to fall in love with it.
You know what I hate about The Dreamwalker's Child? The fact that it has very little recognition. Sure, the blurb did not give the book justice, but there is a reason why they say 'not to judge a book by it's cover.' The whole book was amazing, the plot, the writing; everything that makes a book whole. It was simple, yet there was something that made it special. Maybe it was the action. Maybe it was how Steve Voake described his fantasy world. Or maybe it was just the fact that we might meet someone just like the characters in real life. Whatever the element was, it made me feel that once I closed the final page, I ended my journey.
Lorna

An excellent read!
I was so surprised by The Dreamwalker's Child. I picked it up really as a last resort when I was shopping for books to take to London for the weekend. I was rather skeptical from reading the blurb-the whole insect fascination thing was rather strange. Even so I was pulled into the story and felt I couldn't put it down. The plot was exceptionally clever and a magnificent read. Being left at a cliffhanger at the end I was rather disappointed to then realise it had came as a special offer with a sequel and I'm off to read it now! I'd like to thank Steve Voake for the pleasure of reading The Dreamwalkers Child. It was however at times slightly difficult to keep up with the bizarre names of some of the places and people and i do warn you to hold out even when it seems a bit flat but I can assure you that that was not often. I hope you enjoy it.

Lorna B , 13
Emma, 13

Dreamwalker's Child is awsome!
I read this book for a project, not knowing if I was going to even enjoy it. It just so happens that I couldn't put it down! The Dreamwalker's Child caught me and sucked me into its exceptional storyline and characters. I really felt like I could be in the main character's shoes. I loved the book so much that I bought it. After seeing me read this book, most of my friends want to read it too! The Dreamwalker's Child is a perfect book for young adults and classrooms. I can't wait for Steven Voake's next book!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...
  • Book Jacket: Long After We Are Gone
    Long After We Are Gone
    by Terah Shelton Harris
    Terah Shelton Harris's marvelous family drama Long After We Are Gone begins with the death of the ...
  • Book Jacket: Exhibit
    Exhibit
    by R O. Kwon
    Exhibit, R.O. Kwon's sophomore novel (after The Incendiaries, 2018), introduces readers to Jin Han, ...
  • Book Jacket: Somehow
    Somehow
    by Anne Lamott
    Anne Lamott knows a thing or two about love. In fact, there is so much of it exuding from her essay ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Long After We Are Gone
by Terah Shelton Harris
After their father's death, four siblings rally to save their family home in this gripping and hopeful tale.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C