Reader reviews and comments on The History of Love, plus links to write your own review.

The History of Love

There are currently 12 reader reviews for The History of Love

Adam Spiby

The History of Love
I adore this book.

I feel that it captures the human condition in a way that no book I have read before manages to. I would say that the story is perversely hopeful and ultimately life affirming.

I couldn't have consumed the final pages with more relish, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.

A beautiful book.
Aga Rzepecki

Read my review
My favorite book.

Couldn't put it down...
I had heard of The History of Love through the grapevine, but didn't expect for it to be a book I couldn't put down. The first day I started reading it I read 175 pages, and barely managed to tear myself away from it then. Krauss' way of intertwining the lives of the characters was fabulous and kept me intrigued. There are many beautiful quotes and a wonderful message about compassion and love is conveyed through this novel. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone.
A L Palmer

History of Love Fabulous
If you have even half a brain you will enjoy this book immensely. This is not a book for the lighthearted quick reader, even though it is only 250 pages - if you are looking for a trashy novel buy one AND this book. However, it is a compelling book to read because it is all about humor and love. It is an easy read because the prose is so beautiful and hilarious. The characters are lovable and lend one to feeling compassion and hope for each one. This book has some parallels with Death of a Salesman, yet it reaches a higher level of happiness. You will not go away wondering why you read this book, or crying a depressed. You will go away feeling inspired, happy and pondering the history of love in you own life. FABULOUS!!!!!

The best
This is by far, the most moving, emotion evoking and inspirational book I have read in a very long time. Krauss' craftsmanship is impeccable and beautiful. She uses everyday language in such a beautiful way that can leave you crying on one page and laughing out oud on another. Absolutely incredible. And a very easy read, which is also a plus. :)
Marcia from HK

The History Of Love
One of the best books I have read in a while. I didn't want it to end! Great read; definitely a great deal to discuss if you are looking for a great book club read. Krauss writes beautifully!!!
Sydnee Elliot

Incredible experience
I put off finishing this book for four days. I didn't want Leo and Alma and the rest of the characters to walk out of my life. When I finally did finish it, I held the book to my chest and fell asleep. This is what writing and reading is all about. When as a reader you can cry and laugh at the same time, and before closing the book for the last time chills run up and down your spine and the hair stands up on the back of your neck. As a writer, I don't want to write another word. Ms. Krauss has said it all.
Rhiannon Rowlands

My new favourite book
This novel gave me shivers..

I knew when I first began to read that it was going to be something so extremely satisfying that i had to read each sentence carefully. The result was me not being able to put it down and then even after I finished i picked it back up again.
There are so many quotes that I just love:

"The Age Of Silence: holding hands is a way to remember how it feels to say nothing to each other"

This story makes me want Leo Gursky for an uncle, just so he can sit down and retell all these fabulous stories illustrated in the actual book in the novel.

x x