Reader reviews and comments on A History of the World in 6 Glasses, plus links to write your own review.

by Tom Standage

A History of the World in 6 Glasses by Tom Standage

Jun 2005, 240 pages
    May 2006, 311 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for A History of the World in 6 Glasses

Johan

Great
I read this book for my AP class. For interested parties only. Its written simply enough for anyone to read, but ONLY IF YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN HISTORY, otherwise you'll spend most of your time complaining about having to read it for an AP assignment.
JS115

A History of the World in 6 Glasses
I kinda liked it but it wasn't what the title says. It's not the whole History of the World... It was the History of the Six Drinks, that's what makes this book kind of boring.
Blah

Hard To Read
I had to read this book for AP World History. Actually, I'm still reading it. I just can't get through it. Some things are very interesting but it's just very hard to get into it.
gotzy284

Horrible
I had to read this book for my AP Class. It was so boring, I actually almost fell asleep. Wouldn't read it for spare time.
Shannon

Burning this book when I finish it.
I had to read this for my AP class. Fell asleep at least a couple of times.. Very boring for teenagers. Don't read it on your own free time. It's horrible! D: And the majority of it, I had no idea what the **** it was talking about.
Amanda

Poorly executed.
Although this book had a slightly more interesting view on history, it was written in a very boring context, and the only reason I bothered to finish it was because there was an assignment along with it for my AP class. I would not recommend this book to anyone.
AP History student

A History of the World in 6 Glasses
This book was informative, but it was very tedious and boring. It took so long to read that I couldn't remember what happened in the beginning of the book.
hblax2020

TOO BORING
This book was very boring. it was painfully boring.

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood

Never Coming Back
    by Alison McGhee

Win House of Shadows

"A rising star"
- Publishers Weekly

Three women. Four centuries. A tangle of romance, deceit and destiny...

H D T Grab Y?