We are proud to announce that BookBrowse has won Platinum in the 2024 Modern Library Awards.

What readers think of A History of the World in 6 Glasses, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

A History of the World in 6 Glasses

May 2006, 311 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for A History of the World in 6 Glasses

Susan

Killing myself
This book was a good idea, BUT it was horrific. I literally had to pull my eyes open and force myself to read.
trouble_maker

boring ass shit
This book made me fall asleep four times. I read a lot of books and this was the worst. I read, like, 7 books a week.
this book....

SUCKS
This book is the epitome of all books, it is written in such a boring way that , in my opinion, is only being assigned as reading material for my AP class, because my teacher likes to torture students. This book is a giant waste of time, and honestly, you could learn more about historical drinks from just watching the history channel for a day. And at least watching t.v. would take up less time!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Wild and Distant Seas
    Wild and Distant Seas
    by Tara Karr Roberts
    Tara Karr Roberts is a newspaper columnist who also teaches English and journalism. Wild and Distant...
  • Book Jacket: The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    by Shubnum Khan
    Shubnum Khan's eloquent and moving debut novel opens in 1932, when a djinn that haunts a house by ...
  • Book Jacket: Transient and Strange
    Transient and Strange
    by Nell Greenfieldboyce
    Throughout her powerful essay collection, Transient and Strange, science reporter Nell ...
  • Book Jacket: Prophet Song
    Prophet Song
    by Paul Lynch
    Paul Lynch's 2023 Booker Prize–winning Prophet Song is a speedboat of a novel that hurtles...

BookBrowse Book Club

Mockingbird Summer
by Lynda Rutledge
A powerful and emotional coming-of-age novel set in the 1960s by the bestselling author of West with Giraffes.

Members Recommend

The Adversary
    by Michael Crummey

An enthralling novel about a small town struggling to survive, and a bitter vendetta between two rivals.

Strong Passions
    by Barbara Weisberg

Shocking revelations of a wife's adultery in 19th New York explode in an incendiary trial exposing the upper-crust and its secrets.

Win This Book
Win The Cleaner

The Cleaner
by Brandi Wells

Rarely has cubicle culture been depicted in such griminess or with such glee."
PW (starred review)