Reader reviews and comments on Freakonomics, plus links to write your own review.

A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything

by Steven Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner

Freakonomics by Steven Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner X
Freakonomics by Steven Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner

Apr 2005, 256 pages
    Apr 2006, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Freakonomics

My Take On this Book
I am reading this book for part of my English 99 college class, and let me tell you, Levitt had me hooked on the first chapter! I am serious! I love the way he compares two totally opposite things but they have a common situation. I enjoy re-thinking how we look at things, or what we have learned. This man is quite a thinker, and if you enjoy learning new things..then read this book!! I mean it!! You will be utterly surprised, and yet enjoy the context.

twisting statistics
This book is based on many comparisons between apparently similar conditions; however, when in reality, one of the contenders is usually statistically or otherwise grossly misrepresented. This provides a lot of Ah-ha and mmmm moments to someone lacking intellectual acumen.

• Book Jacket: Speak No Evil