Reader reviews and comments on An Unfinished Life, plus links to write your own review.

by Mark Spragg

Aug 2004, 272 pages
    Aug 2005, 272 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for An Unfinished Life

Brooke (03/29/07)

I'm moving to Wyoming
My local library highlighted An Unfinished Life as an appropriate bookclub selection and I'm glad they brought it to my attention - I loved reading it. Mark Spragg draws a full and engaging picture of several lives intersecting with vivid emotional drama. I felt like I was right there beside them as they struggled to still their individual demons and find a good life. Wyoming's beautiful landscape and large sky was a perfect backdrop to this wonderful story. I could move there.
Tara (10/21/05)

Nice read
This was a nice read - not spectacular, just really nice. As I read it I felt as if I was part of this family. I enjoyed all of the characters, especially Griff, the young girl. I am very interested to see the movie version now.
RobbieL (09/20/05)

Where's Robert Duvall?
I just finished reading "An Unfinished Life" and loved it. The characters were real and it was easy to identify with their emotions and the situations. The little girl, Griff, was wise beyond her years with very few child-like traits. She seemed to have spent her life trying to adapt to difficult situations. As I read about Einar I could visualize this book as a movie with Robert Duvall as Einar. Since I don't keep up with movies I was surprised to see that the film is now playing in our local theaters. While I cannot envision Robert Redford and Jennifer Lopez in the starring roles, I plan to see the movie anyway. This author definitely has something going and I plan to read everything he has published. (But, in my opinion, Robert Duvall IS Einar.
C. Hutt (07/25/05)

An Unfinished Life
The cover caught my eye. Being a Wyoming native antlers are a part of my life.

Once I started reading the book I could not put it down. So many of the situations are familliar to me...not just the story line but the "local way of Ishawoa life".

Not an exciting book but an easy comfortable read.

I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a family connection.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk
    by Kathleen Rooney

"Effervescent with verve, wit, and heart" - Booklist, starred review

Rise
    by Cara Brookins

How a house built a family. An inspiring real-life story.

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

The Sellout
    by Paul Beatty
    Paul Beatty's The Sellout was one of those books that flew somewhat under the radar when it was...
  • Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages