Reader reviews and comments on An Unfinished Life, plus links to write your own review.

An Unfinished Life

Aug 2005, 272 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for An Unfinished Life

Brooke

I'm moving to Wyoming
My local library highlighted An Unfinished Life as an appropriate bookclub selection and I'm glad they brought it to my attention - I loved reading it. Mark Spragg draws a full and engaging picture of several lives intersecting with vivid emotional drama. I felt like I was right there beside them as they struggled to still their individual demons and find a good life. Wyoming's beautiful landscape and large sky was a perfect backdrop to this wonderful story. I could move there.
RobbieL

Where's Robert Duvall?
I just finished reading "An Unfinished Life" and loved it. The characters were real and it was easy to identify with their emotions and the situations. The little girl, Griff, was wise beyond her years with very few child-like traits. She seemed to have spent her life trying to adapt to difficult situations. As I read about Einar I could visualize this book as a movie with Robert Duvall as Einar. Since I don't keep up with movies I was surprised to see that the film is now playing in our local theaters. While I cannot envision Robert Redford and Jennifer Lopez in the starring roles, I plan to see the movie anyway. This author definitely has something going and I plan to read everything he has published. (But, in my opinion, Robert Duvall IS Einar.
Tara

Nice read
This was a nice read - not spectacular, just really nice. As I read it I felt as if I was part of this family. I enjoyed all of the characters, especially Griff, the young girl. I am very interested to see the movie version now.
C. Hutt

An Unfinished Life
The cover caught my eye. Being a Wyoming native antlers are a part of my life.

Once I started reading the book I could not put it down. So many of the situations are familliar to me...not just the story line but the "local way of Ishawoa life".

Not an exciting book but an easy comfortable read.

I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a family connection.

• Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!