Reader reviews and comments on Love in the Driest Season, plus links to write your own review.

Love in the Driest Season

Apr 2005, 288 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Love in the Driest Season

AJ

Beautiful
I just finished this book and wonder where I was when it first came out. I want everyone I know to read it not only for the story, but the history of what has happened in this part of Africa.

It is beautiful, painfully human, the way the father and mother keep going through the bureacracy. I had to go kiss my kids in the middle of the night.

The writing is engaging, swift and detailed without being wordy. What a plus that this excellent writer found his soul first with his wife and then, together with this child and all the others they sought to help.

It's heartening to think this person and this family walk on our streets. Somehow their passion and energy might touch others in our midst.
Veronica

Great read
This is a fantastic book! Not only does Tucker write about the grueling adoption process he and his wife endured, but he also informs the reader about the growing AIDS crisis, political corruption, war and poverty in sub-Saharan Africa. I highly recommend this book!
Jennifer Johnson

What a wonderful book. Tucker makes a wonderful memoir to hand down to his daughter some day. It's filled with such love that my eyes welled up many times.
Tommie W

I loved this book I read it twice and have hear there may be a movie I can wait

• Book Jacket: Educated
    Educated
    by Tara Westover
    Voted 2018 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Tara Westover had the kind of ...
  • Book Jacket: Circe
    Circe
    by Madeline Miller
    Voted 2018 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Towards the end of Madeline Miller...
  • Book Jacket: Children of Blood and Bone
    Children of Blood and Bone
    by Tomi Adeyemi
    Voted 2018 Best Young Adult Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

What would you do if, in a ...
  • Book Jacket: Where the Crawdads Sing
    Where the Crawdads Sing
    by Delia Owens
    Voted 2018 Best Debut Novel Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers

Where the Crawdads Sing was a ...

The Winter Soldier
by Daniel Mason

A story of war and medicine, of finding love in the sweeping tides of history, and of the mistakes we make.

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

Win The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

The 7 ½ Deaths of
Evelyn Hardcastle

"Agatha Christie meets Groundhog Day...quite unlike anything I've ever read." - A. J. Finn

The Big Holiday Wordplay: $400+ in Prizes