Reader reviews and comments on Love in the Driest Season, plus links to write your own review.

Love in the Driest Season

Apr 2005, 288 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Love in the Driest Season

AJ (02/13/07)

Beautiful
I just finished this book and wonder where I was when it first came out. I want everyone I know to read it not only for the story, but the history of what has happened in this part of Africa.

It is beautiful, painfully human, the way the father and mother keep going through the bureacracy. I had to go kiss my kids in the middle of the night.

The writing is engaging, swift and detailed without being wordy. What a plus that this excellent writer found his soul first with his wife and then, together with this child and all the others they sought to help.

It's heartening to think this person and this family walk on our streets. Somehow their passion and energy might touch others in our midst.
Veronica (07/04/05)

Great read
This is a fantastic book! Not only does Tucker write about the grueling adoption process he and his wife endured, but he also informs the reader about the growing AIDS crisis, political corruption, war and poverty in sub-Saharan Africa. I highly recommend this book!
Jennifer Johnson (02/24/05)

What a wonderful book. Tucker makes a wonderful memoir to hand down to his daughter some day. It's filled with such love that my eyes welled up many times.
Tommie W (12/02/04)

I loved this book I read it twice and have hear there may be a movie I can wait

• Book Jacket: Pachinko

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

A book may be compared to your neighbor...

K Your F C