Reader reviews and comments on Love in the Driest Season, plus links to write your own review.

Love in the Driest Season

Apr 2005, 288 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Love in the Driest Season

AJ

Beautiful
I just finished this book and wonder where I was when it first came out. I want everyone I know to read it not only for the story, but the history of what has happened in this part of Africa.

It is beautiful, painfully human, the way the father and mother keep going through the bureacracy. I had to go kiss my kids in the middle of the night.

The writing is engaging, swift and detailed without being wordy. What a plus that this excellent writer found his soul first with his wife and then, together with this child and all the others they sought to help.

It's heartening to think this person and this family walk on our streets. Somehow their passion and energy might touch others in our midst.
Veronica

Great read
This is a fantastic book! Not only does Tucker write about the grueling adoption process he and his wife endured, but he also informs the reader about the growing AIDS crisis, political corruption, war and poverty in sub-Saharan Africa. I highly recommend this book!
Jennifer Johnson

What a wonderful book. Tucker makes a wonderful memoir to hand down to his daughter some day. It's filled with such love that my eyes welled up many times.
Tommie W

I loved this book I read it twice and have hear there may be a movie I can wait

• Book Jacket: Confessions of the Fox
    Confessions of the Fox
    by Jordy Rosenberg
    In Confessions of the Fox, a fictional academic, Dr. Voth, finds a manuscript in the library where ...
  • Book Jacket: Tango Lessons
    Tango Lessons
    by Meghan Flaherty
    Meghan Flaherty's touching memoir, Tango Lessons, reveals some hard but important truths about ...
    The Almost Sisters
    Joshilyn Jackson's The Almost Sisters is a powerful look at the intersection of privilege, family, ...
  • Book Jacket: I Will Be Complete
    I Will Be Complete
    by Glen David Gold
    Glen David Gold is a writer best known for his wryly observant, mordantly funny novels Sunnyside and...

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger.

Meet Me at the Museum
    by Anne Youngson

A celebration of letters, kindred spirits and writing a new story for yourself.

Fly Girls
    by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Our House
    by Louise Candlish

A disturbing and addictive novel of domestic suspense.

Win Vox

VOX by Christina Dalcher

The story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where half the population is silenced.

T B Y Speak