Reader reviews and comments on Dave Barry Turns 50, plus links to write your own review.

Dave Barry Turns 50

by Dave Barry

Dave Barry Turns 50 by Dave Barry X
Dave Barry Turns 50 by Dave Barry

Oct 1998, 224 pages
    Aug 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Dave Barry Turns 50

DPap

What can I say, except "Wow!" Blended with true facts, his humor is funnier than ever. It's most likely his best book yet.
Downsides: Not many. There are a few parts that aren't very funny, but around 90% of it is laugh-out-loud funny. I couldn't put it down! (literally! It caused somewhat of a problem while walking home.) I'm not one who automatically likes everything my favorite author writes, but this one deserves five stars.
Barrett kesterlian

Brilliant!!!! What more can one say?

Barrett Kesterlian
As always, Mr. Barry is brilliant. I have already read the book twice. The flow is as smooth as always. His outlook on his age is not mockery but true self assessment. We hope to get there and when I do, I will have the book next to me. Mr. Barry please don't wait for "Dave Barry turns 60". Can we please have "Dave Barry turns 51"?

• Book Jacket: Vita Nostra
    A Spark of Light
    by Jodi Picoult

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance