Reader reviews and comments on The Rural Life, plus links to write your own review.

The Rural Life

by Verlyn Klinkenborg

The Rural Life by Verlyn Klinkenborg X
The Rural Life by Verlyn Klinkenborg

Dec 2002, 224 pages
    Jan 2004, 224 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Rural Life

Davina - BookBrowse.com

Each chapter in this delightful book covers a different month and contains a number of short stand-alone essays relating to that particular season. As such, this is a book to dip into - to wallow in bit by bit, not to read cover to cover.

For many of us, nature is what we see outside our car window on the way to our windowless cubicle in the morning, or on the occasional vacation getaway, but even so, I suspect that all but a few hardened urbanites feel a deep down connection to the countryside. The good news is that with Klinkenborg as our guide we can live the country life vicariously through the pages of The Rural Life.

Highly recommended for yourself or as a gift - it would make an excellent bedside or bathroom book! But don't take my word for it - click on the excerpt link above to read the whole of Chapter One (January) at BookBrowse.com today.

• Book Jacket: We Set the Dark on Fire
    We Set the Dark on Fire
    by Tehlor Mejia
    On the island of Medio, a wall separates the wealthy elite from those less fortunate who lack the ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    by Marlon James
    If you are looking for an indulgent, escapist fantasy, Black Leopard, Red Wolf may not be for you. ...
  • Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

My Lovely Wife
    by Samantha Downing

Dexter meets Mr. and Mrs. Smith in this wildly compulsive debut thriller.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!