What readers think of I Don't Know How She Does It, plus links to write your own review.

I Don't Know How She Does It

Aug 2003, 352 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for I Don't Know How She Does It

Reni

Woman's need to know
Well, I'm 26 years old single woman and still have no idea about something a named marriage, but from Pearson's book make me understand how hard to be a motherhood n a worker for a woman...full of dilemma. Always Make me think " I don't know how he does it" Truly Need a real commitment for having kids and jobs...thanks a lot for your great and funny book.
Zsu

Unputdownable! What I liked at the end of the book was a comment about the author' husband appreciating HIS help: 'I don't know how HE does it!' Aren't we parents all doing a great job? Women, of course, most of all...

Love the Book.
mg

Definitely entertaining ! The author has captured very well the different facets of the character's life using a writting that makes you feel how hectic her life is. I especially loved reading about how she was approaching her male colleagues trying to find excuses for her late arrivals without mentioning a sick baby-sitter or a baby with toothaches ! Every woman can recognize herself at one point as she deals with her mother, father, sisters, colleagues, husband, kids, friends ... You've been there one day for sure ! This is a piece of candy and I really loved it ! Enjoy !
Ann M

I thought the"shopaholic" novels were soooooo funny, till I read "I Don't Know How She Does It". It was so funny, I kept telling my husband parts of it, which he also enjoyed (and he totally will only read non-fiction books). I can't wait till she writes a second novel.
Sue Collins

I eventually got out of bed at 12 midday - determined to finish this marvellous book. I laughed and I cried in equal measure and recognised myself (also a mother of two - one boy and one girl, now full grown and gone!). Sometimes I saw myself as something of a hybrid - part muffia and part "wannabee someone else/somewhere else" Reading this book is like unpacking a treasure chest. Already I want to read it again to savour the things that maybe I missed the first time around. Thank you Allison Pearson. You have the most wonderful gift. Somehow you manage to put into words the things that the rest of us can only think and feel.
Dori

At times I found I wasn't enjoying the book - because it touched WAY to close to home... What I found touching was the author's abilty not only to describe MY hectic life.. but also all the guilt that goes with it! I admit I skipped to the end when reading and thought I'd be dissaponted and was very glad not to be. Thanks for a thought provoking.. at times entertaining and at times a bit too real read. Amazing how universal some things are.. from another working mom in Israel.
Isabella

Not good at all..

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Bitch
    Bitch
    by Lucy Cooke
    In middle school biology class, many of us were told that men hunt and women nest, that testosterone...
  • Book Jacket: Jackie & Me
    Jackie & Me
    by Louis Bayard
    Louis Bayard's Jackie & Me offers a fictionalized version of the early relationship between John F. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Facemaker
    The Facemaker
    by Lindsey Fitzharris
    The summer of 1914 saw the beginning of World War I, the bloody conflict known as the 'war to end ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Read Now
    How to Read Now
    by Elaine Castillo
    Toni Morrison once wrote, 'My project rises from delight, not disappointment.' This remark appeared ...

Members Recommend

Dirt Creek
    by Hayley Scrivenor

"A heart-wrenching mystery, Scrivenor's remarkable sense of place brings Dirt Creek to life. A stellar debut."
    —Jane Harper,

Some of It Was Real
    by Nan Fischer

A psychic on the verge of stardom and a cynical journalist are brought together by secrets that threaten to tear them apart.

I am what the librarians have made me with a little assistance from a professor of Greek and a few poets

I Wishes W H B W R