Reader reviews and comments on Bad Boy Brawly Brown, plus links to write your own review.

Bad Boy Brawly Brown

Jul 2003, 320 pages

There is 1 reader review for Bad Boy Brawly Brown

The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers

Back with a Vengeance!

Easy Rawlins is back with a vengeance. He is not the same person though; he has lost his closest friend and feels that he will never recover from the hurt. Easy has settled into life as a family man, with a normal 9-5 job and a paycheck at the end of the week. In his opinion, his days as the unconventional private detective Easy Rawlins are well behind him.

One day out of the blue Easy gets a call from his old friend John, it turns out that John's stepson Brawley Brown has disappeared and is running with members of a radical political group. Brawley's parents feel that he is entangled in a web of violence and will be harmed in the process. John has always helped Easy without question, so even though Easy doesn't want to look for Brawley, he does.

As Easy begins his investigation, he finds himself in the midst of danger. He also discovers that this case is about much more than locating Brawley and returning him home. People in this novel are not always who or what they portray themselves to be.

Life for Easy goes beyond being a private detective. In addition to the difficult case, he is dealing with potential problems brewing at home concerning his children. Also the loss of his best friend is on Easy's mind daily and sometimes overwhelms him.

Bad Boy Brawley Brown is an intriguing mystery that keeps you guessing. Just when you think you know who the villain is, author Walter Mosley throws a curve ball that will have you thinking otherwise, and in my opinion that makes for the best stories of mystery. I must confess this is my first Walter Mosley novel, but it will not be my last because I enjoyed it. I highly recommend this book.

Reviewed by Simone A. Hawks of The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers
RAWSISTAZ Book Club

Copyright 2002, RAWSISTAZ Book Club

Join BookBrowse

The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...
  • Book Jacket: Dark, Salt, Clear
    Dark, Salt, Clear
    by Lamorna Ash
    Named after Lamorna Cove in her mother's rural home county of Cornwall (located in southwestern ...

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F

© BookBrowse LLC 1997-2021. All rights reserved. Information at BookBrowse.com is published with the permission of the copyright holder or their agent.
It is forbidden to copy anything for publication elsewhere without written permission from the copyright holder.