Reader reviews and comments on Rain Fall, plus links to write your own review.

by Barry Eisler

Rain Fall by Barry Eisler X
Rain Fall by Barry Eisler

Jul 2002, 336 pages
    Jul 2003, 336 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Rain Fall

MRT

Rain Fall
In my opinion it's a great book, I really enjoyed reading it. Rain Fall is an exciting thriller which introduces the everyday life of an assassin. It comes out that John Rain isn't just a gold-blooded murderer, he also has feelings and I think that this adds even more excitement to the story. It's also a good description of the Japanese society and culture.
TracyReaderDad

Rain Fall
John Rain is a complex character; I am still not sure if he is a good guy (how can a cold blooded, for money, killer be good?) or a really bad guy? He saves people he likes, but, he kills others without second thought (one though who truly deserves it). Will he continue killing for money, or will he kill for other reasons? Does it matter? Will he stop killing? Will he find true love? Does that matter?

I do know one thing…I AM looking forward to the next adventure and learning more about John Rain, Japan, Tokyo, and the Japanese culture (at the back of the book there is an explanation that all but two of the facts about Tokyo are correct).

Barry Eisler has definitely been added to my “favorites” list. “Rain Fall” is a great book.
Noel Sequeira

The story moves along at a quick pace. Just enough said about the Japanese environment without making it a tedious read. Rain's rough-and-ready treatment of the bad guys (some might say 'brutal') is satisfyingly adequate. The romance thread runs through the book without being pervasive.

I obviously liked the book!

An enthralling read.

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict, notable author of previous historical fiction such ...
  • Book Jacket: To Be a Man
    To Be a Man
    by Nicole Krauss
    While, as its title hints, To Be a Man by Nicole Krauss is concerned with masculinity, it renders a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Office of Historical Corrections
    The Office of Historical Corrections
    by Danielle Evans
    In The Office of Historical Corrections, the second story collection from Danielle Evans, readers ...
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

The Moment of Lift
by Melinda Gates
How can we summon a moment of lift for women? Because when you lift up women, you lift up humanity.

Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better.

T M T C, T M T Stay T S