Reader reviews and comments on Rain Fall, plus links to write your own review.

by Barry Eisler

Rain Fall by Barry Eisler

Jul 2002, 336 pages
    Jul 2003, 336 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Rain Fall

TracyReaderDad (08/14/08)

Rain Fall
John Rain is a complex character; I am still not sure if he is a good guy (how can a cold blooded, for money, killer be good?) or a really bad guy? He saves people he likes, but, he kills others without second thought (one though who truly deserves it). Will he continue killing for money, or will he kill for other reasons? Does it matter? Will he stop killing? Will he find true love? Does that matter?

I do know one thing…I AM looking forward to the next adventure and learning more about John Rain, Japan, Tokyo, and the Japanese culture (at the back of the book there is an explanation that all but two of the facts about Tokyo are correct).

Barry Eisler has definitely been added to my “favorites” list. “Rain Fall” is a great book.
MRT (01/01/08)

Rain Fall
In my opinion it's a great book, I really enjoyed reading it. Rain Fall is an exciting thriller which introduces the everyday life of an assassin. It comes out that John Rain isn't just a gold-blooded murderer, he also has feelings and I think that this adds even more excitement to the story. It's also a good description of the Japanese society and culture.
Noel Sequeira (09/30/04)

The story moves along at a quick pace. Just enough said about the Japanese environment without making it a tedious read. Rain's rough-and-ready treatment of the bad guys (some might say 'brutal') is satisfyingly adequate. The romance thread runs through the book without being pervasive.

I obviously liked the book!
Anonymous (11/14/03)

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R