Reader reviews and comments on Desirable Daughters, plus links to write your own review.

Desirable Daughters

by Bharati Mukherjee

Desirable Daughters by Bharati Mukherjee X
Desirable Daughters by Bharati Mukherjee

Feb 2002, 320 pages
    Feb 2003, 320 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Desirable Daughters

jean sheridan

A cool blend of Bay Area lifestyle and Indian sensibility. It bogs down in the New York scenes, but picks up for an unexpected flashy finale.
Anonymous

Truthfully, the book was ok. I didn't think that it was all that great. The plot was ok but i kinda thought the whole gang thing was stupid. It was surprising but it didn't fit into the rest of the novel. One thing that I did like about it though was how Mukherjee had spoken about the true culture and beliefs of both worlds and how they differed. (Anonymous, 16 years old)
Carla

Desirable Daughters book review
This book just was not that good. The plot was very well developed. Also, ending was very much a let-down. The only thing I found enjoyable about this book is that it went into some detail about Indian culture and idiology, which I must admit is foreign to me. Still, even with the cultural aspect of this book, it wasn't worth it. I wouldn't waste my money buying it if I were you.
Ayesha

It had two interesting elements but it focuses more on the duller one. There is not any good character development and so the events that take place do not have an impact on the reader. I felt like the author attempts to make the story suspenseful but it lead the plot to drag on.

• Book Jacket: Calypso
    Calypso
    by David Sedaris
    David Sedaris' Calypso is every bit as hilarious and irreverent, as clever and incisive, as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E