Read what people think about A Simple Act of Gratitude by John Kralik, and write your own review.

A Simple Act of Gratitude

How Learning to Say Thank You Changed My Life

by John Kralik

A Simple Act of Gratitude

• Published in USA  Dec 2011
    Genre: Biographies & Memoirs

There are currently 21 reader reviews for A Simple Act of Gratitude

Cindy M. (Raleigh, NC) (06/14/11)

Gratitude
Gratitude has long been believed to be one of the best cures for depression and self-centeredness. John Kralik's book, 365 Thank Yous, is a testimony to the power of thankfulness to transform lives

I LOVED this book! It is a short, quick read but I read it slowly as his honesty and vulnerability touched my heart. Each time I opened the book, I felt like I was visiting with an old friend - a friend struggling in life that I desperately wanted to cheer on and to cheer up. His transparency in sharing his life served as the perfect backdrop to the honesty of his heartfelt thank you notes. By looking for and grasping the smallest glimmers of light in his life, he was able to be grateful for the many previously unnoticed, wonderful things he had been given, transforming himself (and ultimately his circumstances) in the process.

This book would appeal to anyone who has ever struggled with depression, discouragement, or a temporary lack of vision. It is a wonderful book of encouragement. It will make a great friendship gift and should prompt a new movement in appreciating the many blessings of daily life.
Teresa M. (Naples, FL) (05/06/11)

365 Thanks yous
I loved this book! I loved it so much that I recommended it to my book club and it is going to be our November selection. In preparation for our discussion we all agreed to participate in our Thank You Project. Over the summer we are going to write thank you notes, keep track of them and share the results with the group in November.
John D. (Garland, TX) (05/04/11)

365 Thank Yous
Well written and enjoyable. Even though the author's motive for writing the thank you notes began as a quest for his own personal gain, he eventually learned to write the notes for the right reasons. It would be a better world if we all, including myself, followed his example.
Randi E. (Walnut Creek, CA) (05/02/11)

Positive Energy!
John Kralik's life could belong to any of us....relationship problems, health problems, money problems, stress! What I enjoyed was the simplicity of his exercise....write one thank you a day and mail it off. I'm a big fan of "positive energy", and can imagine how it can work wonders in one's life. As it did in John's. Can it solve all problems? No. But the simple act of daily gratefulness was very powerful in his life. A great read for today's uncertain times!
Cecile G. (Mansfield, TX) (05/02/11)

The benefits of saying "thank-you."
Thank you for the opportunity to read Mr. Kralik's book. Once again our mothers' encouragement of good manners has won out in the end. Thank yous are never given enough and the title character found some encouragement in his life with a simple gesture. Well written and a quick read which is always a good thing.
Joan L. (Palm Desert, CA) (04/27/11)

365 Thank Yous
This is a gem of a book. The author has taken an oft-neglected good manners - Thank You note writing - and used the exercise to produce a very heartfelt and valuable book. The reader will want to discover the joy of note writing for him/herself after reading this book. All of us can follow his example and find more in our lives for which we can be grateful.
Sharon C. (Newton, IA) (04/26/11)

365 Thank Yous
This book is inspiring and very noteworthy (no pun intended). I find Mr. Kralik's pledge to write 365 thank you notes in a year a very enlightening and very challenging idea. Next time you want to thank some one, write it in a note. Try it. Don't email, don't call, but put it in writing to be saved and to be reread. There is nothing more memorable than a note of gratitude for a good deed no matter how small you may think it is. Thank you, Mr. Kralik.
Lynn B. (Pittsburgh, PA) (04/26/11)

Thank You!
The concept of this book is inspiring and thought provoking. While there are some slow spots in the book, the overall premise is intriguing. Because the author vows to write a Thank You note everyday for a year, he is forced to appreciate the good things rather than dwell on the negative. He doesn't set out to make this project a "self help" endeavor, it is simply a goal he has made for himself. I found this to be the most refreshing aspect of the story. Because he is forced to look for the good things, so that he can write his Thank You notes, his entire perspective changes and eventually his life. I recommend this book to everyone, of all ages. It is an easy, fast read and the concept while simple, is something all can benefit from.

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking something up and finding something else ...

The Big Holiday Wordplay: