Read what people think about Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman, and write your own review.

by Becky Masterman

Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman

• Published in USA  Mar 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 27 reader reviews for Rage Against the Dying

Lillian D. (Apache Junction, AZ)

Rage Against The Dying
Brigid Quinn, a decommissioned FBI agent, was previously involved in the Route 66 serial killer case. She didn't get her man, but her man did capture and kill her protege, Special Agent, Jessica Robertson. So when it seems that he has reappeared after many years of inactivity, Brigid gets involved. Brigid is tough and disrespectful and very funny. She is also warm and caring. "Rage Against The Dying" is fast moving and totally engrossing. I will recommend this book to my mystery loving friends. I also hope for many more Brigid Quinn sequels.
Jim S. (Austin, TX)

Rage Against Dying
Brigid Quinn, ex FBI agent, has married the "Perfessor" who is supposedly unaware of her history with hunting sexual predators. She was involved in a case in which a fellow female FBI agent was never found after being used for bait to catch a predator of young women. Though disappointed she has retired but always ponders this loss.
The book opens with Brigid being a target of a sexual predator of older women, of which Brigid is one being 59. Following this event Brigid is again involved in the hunt for for a new or possibly old foe which leads to working with old colleagues as well as new relationships.
I thought the characters were true to their roles. The plot was realistic and the outcomes exciting. I would recommend the book as one of the best books of this genre. It should do well in 2013.
Sue P. (Richardson, TX)

Rage Against the Dying
This book got lost in the mail so it took a while to receive it, but oh, it was well worth the wait!
I have seldom seen such engaging writing from a debut author! Brigid, the 59-year old protagonist of the book is very well drawn - as are her other characters. This book is suspenseful, riveting in places, and has such an ORIGINAL voice. I do hope this turns into a series.
Carolyn F. (Hilton Head Island, SC)

The Victim Turned Predator
You hold your breath as an older woman is thrown into the van, only to realize that she is not your average victim. and now you are off on the hunt for a serial killer, with a hunter who is past middle age, emotionally conflicted, but gutsy and determined. a great read, an admirable heroine!
Jeanine

Rage Against the Dying
Wow! This is a book you might not want to read in public because people may stare as you gasp, cringe, cover your eyes, cheer. It totally involved me and held me to the last word. I probably wouldn't recommend it to the extremely squeamish or faint of heart, but it IS a thriller, after all. This writer can really write! Having spent time in Tucson, Catalina and San Manuel, the setting felt authentic to me. It can be harsh there. The protagonist is complex, unique, scary-gutsy, and smart. I liked her, even though she did make me shake my head from time to time. It's a 5 star for its genre. I predict a best seller and the first in a series. (I hope, I hope.) I would look forward to more from this author.
Diana J. (Highland Falls, NY)

Rage Against the Dying, a middle aged heroine
I enjoyed this book a lot...as with most first offers, I'm sure if Ms Masterman continues this series, there will be more character development. But it was enjoyable to read about a woman of a certain age who was tough and smart. Good book if you like Sue Grafton type heroines, and lots of action. I read it cover to cover in one sitting. I'd recommend it.
Lydia M. (Lakeview, Oregon)

Certain to THRILL you!
To take a thought put forth early in the story...this book grabs you with both hands by the lapels and does not let go. I read this novel in two reading sessions, could have done it in one, but life got in the way.
The story line, suspense and pace of "Rage Against The Dying" is unfaltering and flawless. Bringing the "Thrill" back in this "Thriller" is executed with unsurpassed skill by Becky Masterman. Bravo! May I have another?!
Power Reviewer Colleen L. (Casco, ME)

Once FBI always FBI?
As an older reader, it's nice to read about an older character who is still sharp mentally and physically. Brigid Quinn is retired FBI and still haunted by an old case that she handled for many years and was unable to bring to fruition. The book starts very quickly with action being taken to Brigid and then backtracks to help the reader understand Brigid's background.

I thoroughly enjoyed the speed at which the book moved along and read the book in one sitting. The story is involved and you can empathize with both of the female FBI agents.

This would make a great action movie and I can easily see Jodie Foster as Brigid. What an edge of your seat thriller this would make! Buy the book and enjoy!!!!

My Name Is Leon