Read what people think about The Face Thief by Eli Gottlieb, and write your own review.

The Face Thief

by Eli Gottlieb

The Face Thief by Eli Gottlieb X
The Face Thief by Eli Gottlieb

• Published in USA  Jan 2012
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 31 reader reviews for The Face Thief

Anita S. (BoyntonBeach, FL)

Men spoke a stench
A great book! I loved his descriptive writing and the allusions. At first I was underlining all the wonderful phrases, but there were so many that I stopped. The intertwining of the characters really added to the suspense of this story. The characters were so well defined that I felt that one could have been my neighbor. Loved the story and I will recommend this book to my friends.
Cynthia A. (Grand Rapids, MI)

Intriguing, intense
Intriguing and intense! I could see this scenario actually happening. This book is a great read! The characters and the story line make this book one of my favorites.
Darcy C. (San Diego, CA)

The Face Thief Stole My Heart
Eli Gottlieb did it again for me. He wrote a terrific story and at the same time painted the story for me - with his sublime descriptions of people, feelings and events. This is a great book! I've always wanted to have the ability to speak like he writes. For instance, when Wilbraham describes the theft of Potash's life savings, he says, "Fraud is one of the booming sectors in an economic contraction, alas." And who hasn't felt awful about something they have done, but to have it described as "...plopped down in his easy chair and felt an iceberg of remorse calving gracefully off his body...". It's impossible not to feel as terrible as this character in the book.

Gottlieb creates Hi-Def imagery in your mind. The story has multiple, intriguing levels. If you want to read of revenge - it's here. Duplicity - it's here. Stone-cold larceny - yep, this book has that too! Pardon me for my theft of Gottlieb's description: If you want to read an intelligent novel where there is "a marble of malice and generosity", this is your book. Do yourself a literary favor and read this marvelous book!
William B. (East Peoria, IL)

Face Thief A Success
This book is exactly what is meant by the term literary thriller. Gottlieb's prose sings and the pages turned themselves. If I read a better book in 2012 I'll be surprised. I also recommend his last book, Now You See Him
Terri H. (Battle Ground, washington)

You MUST READ this Book!
Not unlike the protagonist, I quickly "fell" into this book. The juxtaposing story lines kept me on edge, and oh so nicely came together in the end. Mysterious, intriguing, captivating. I HIGHLY recommend this book.
Patricia D. (Woodland Hills, CA)

Fantastic thriller - fantastic characters!
Eli Gottlieb's book, The Face Thief, is a book I had to read in one sitting! Once you meet the four major characters and how they interact, you're completely hooked. Margot, young and beautiful, strong and manipulative, gives Lawrence and John a real run for their lives and money. I loved and hated Margot for her clever and intuitive personality. The story is not long, but once you're near the end, Gottlieb puts a few twists into the story and turns the reader upside-down and inside-out!

This is a psychological/mind-boggling story that will stay with you for a long time. Learning to "read faces" is one thing, but reading people's minds is a whole other game entirely. Gottlieb has a winner!
Vivian H. (Winchester, VA)

The Face Thief is an engaging read!
I just completed "The Face Thief" and loved the musical tone of Eli Gottlieb's prose. There are passages that's reminded me of the beautiful turn of phrases by James L. Burke. While certainly not a perfect read, it was quick, creative, engaging and kept me turning the pages, determined to find out how the story would end. The topic, shenanigans and manipulation in the financial world, is current and the story is plausible. The story does not end with everything tied up with a big red bow...but I appreciated that. The only character that did not resonated with me...Dan France, the cop. He was a bit too ingenuous. Otherwise, I really liked the book.
Portia A. (Mount Laurel, NJ)

Fascinating character study
This psychological thriller had me from the very beginning. The story of the beautiful woman who manipulates and uses men and the consequence of her actions was almost painful to read. I felt that the author really knows how to write. It isn't a "fun" book, but I'm glad I read it.

• Book Jacket: The Overstory
    by Patricia Hampl

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes