What do readers think of Bad Boy by Peter Robinson? Write your own review.

An Inspector Banks Novel

Genre: Mysteries

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Bad Boy

Ann C. (Roswell, GA)

Peter Robinson's Bad Boy
Admittedly, I am a total Chief Inspector Banks fan and have enjoyed each of the books in this Peter Robinson series. And, this latest entry which features Banks' daughter Tracy and his co-worker Annie is a first rate addition to the series. This is a compelling story and a fascinating character study with plot twists enough to keep the reader involved until the very last pages. I'm waiting eagerly for the next one!
Beth P. (Chester, VA)

Bad Boy
I have to admit that I ordered Peter Robinson's book, "Bad Boy" because my mom is a fan and I knew I could send it on to her. I have to tell you that within a few pages I was totally hooked on the book and am just sorry that I am starting with the latest Inspector Alan Banks book first. I have read many detective stories and what I loved about this book was that the characters came to mean something to me. I cared what happened to them. I rarely find that in a book that is also a nail-biter, one that you really don't want to put down. So now I am off to start reading the 19 other books by the award winning author. If you like British detective novels that will absolutely keep your attention, this book is for you.
Anne G. (Byram, MS)

Bad Boy by Peter Robinson Is Another Winner!
The latest Peter Robinson book featuring DCI Alan Banks is a diversion from the usual Banks investigation into a murder mystery. This novel is primarily a highly entertaining chase and pursuit when Banks enters the hunt for the Bad Boy. All the familiar characters from the Eastvale Precinct are here: DI Annie Cabot, DC Winsome Jackman, Det. Superintendent Gervaise and others that readers will remember.

Characterizations are brilliant, the dialogue is superb, and sense of place is established early on. A central theme asks what happens when all communication breaks down between a mother, a father, and a daughter? Readers are left to ponder the question that so many parents ask themselves every day and wonder what might have been "if only". The chase for Bad Boy starts off slow, builds speed, adds the element of danger to a Banks' family member, and races to a deadly finish that will keep readers up late at night to finish this book. Highly recommended!
Jane N. (Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey)

Bad Boy done Right
This is a great read and a wonderful "who dun it!" I especially enjoyed the female police detective. All of the characters are well developed and the plot line is well though out. This is the first time I have read this author and I know that I will be reading more from him. He is a great find for anyone who enjoys British mysteries!
Linda Z. (Corydon, IN)

Bad Boy
There are 20 books in this series of Inspector Banks and I cannot believe that I have never read any until this one. I have now read 2 others in the series and am starting on the first one. My local public library has 6 of them and I shall have to check the used book stores for the remainder but I intend to read all 20. I do wish there would have been a physical description of Alan Banks but maybe I will find one in the older books. If you like British mysteries, do not miss this author. Lots of twists and turns!
Christine B. (St Paul, MN)

Good Girl- Bad Boy
I thoroughly enjoyed this crime/suspense novel. I had never read any of the earlier Inspector Banks series and I am so glad to have been introduced to them. In this fast paced and quick to read story Alan Banks is thrown into a mystery involving his own daughter - so of course the stakes are high! If you like suspense/police work/murder- this is a must read.
Janet H. (Lakeland, FL)

Loved this book!
I have enjoyed reading this series by Peter Robinson for years. I started with, "In a Dry Season", and that remains my favorite, but "Bad Boy" is excellent. Jaff is a villain whom you really hate, as is The Farmer. DCI Alan Banks is a wonderful character. By the last third of the book I could not stop reading until I turned the final page.
Gail L. (Maitland, FL)

Fantastic Read
Unfortunately, I had never heard of Peter Robinson before choosing this book to read, but I will be purchasing all of his previous ones. I am so glad that there are 19 more books in this series to read.

The story held my attention from page 1 to the end. Alan Banks is my kind of protagonist and I'm glad I was introduced to him this way. Since his daughter was involved in the plot, I was able to experience the personal side of the man.

The characters were totally believable and I learned a great deal about the way the British police departments are run. There was a lot of explosive emotion, love, resentment and fear -- all of the elements that make up a great crime novel. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys crime novels.

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: I'm the Girl
    I'm the Girl
    by Courtney Summers
    YA author Courtney Summers doesn't believe in shielding her teenage readers from the world's darkest...
  • Book Jacket: They're Going to Love You

Members Recommend

Natural History
    by Andrea Barrett

W N, W Not

It is among the commonplaces of education that we often first cut off the living root and then try to replace its ...