What do readers think of Bad Boy by Peter Robinson? Write your own review.

Bad Boy

An Inspector Banks Novel

by Peter Robinson

Bad Boy by Peter Robinson X
Bad Boy by Peter Robinson

• Published Aug 2010
    Genre: Mysteries

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Bad Boy

Bonnie B. (Fairbanks, AK)

A Weak Mystery in the Detective Banks Series
This mystery is part of the Detective Banks series. However, it is by far not one of the best. The story is about a 'bad boy' who tries to pull a heist on a conglomerate of 'badder boys'. Tracy Banks, Detective Alan Banks' daughter has been involved with Jaff, the bad boy, and gets herself into a situation where she becomes his hostage. Banks and his team work to find Jaff and free Tracy. The writing, as usual is quite good. However, the plot has a lot of holes in it and the characterizations and motives are weak.
Dianne S. (Shelton, connecticut)

Lacking Action and Excitment
I was a bit disappointed in this author and this book since I had heard so much about this author and had never read anything by him before.

This story had so much potential to be exciting and spine tingling and fell so far from the mark. Inspector Marks who I gather is the main character throughout the series, doesn't show up until more than half-way through, he has to deal with his daughters "abduction" and a close friend and past lovers shooting, yet he doesn't even crack a sweat. I know the English are stoics but this seems a little much.There is no action, no excitement, no mystery, What there IS a lot of is unnecessary and boring dialog. Unfortunately based on this book, that I will not be reading anything else by this author
Virginia W. (Cloverdale, CA)

Girl looking for a faster life influenced by "bad boy"
I generally like Alan Banks mysteries. "In a Dry Season" was excellent. "Bad Boy" starts off slow - I think I had read about 100 pages before the book became more interesting. Tracy Banks is involved with a bad boy, Annie Cabot is shot, Tracy does call 999 to help Annie, and Alan, who has been away on vacation in the US, comes home to all this bad news. I can't really recommend this book - nothing to figure out. Just a story of a girl, her father and her no-good boyfriend.
Marjorie A. (32606, Florida)

Bad Boy Misses the Mark
Bad Boy is the latest in a series of books by English author Peter Robinson featuring Chief Inspector Alan Banks. I specially enjoy mysteries so I was disappointed that the books seemed rather flat and the characters not engaging. Maybe I if I had read other books featuring Alan Banks it would have been like other series - seeing what he is up to now. I would not recommend this book to someone who likes mysteries.

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: The Nazi Conspiracy
    The Nazi Conspiracy
    by Brad Meltzer, Josh Mensch
    The Nazi Conspiracy by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch was a big hit with our First Impressions readers...
    Yonder
    by Jabari Asim
    The captivating historical novel Yonder turns an intimate lens towards the tragedy and survivorship ...
  • Book Jacket: After Sappho
    After Sappho
    by Selby Wynn Schwartz

"Someone will remember us, I say, even in another time."
    —Sappho, fragment ...

• Book Jacket: City Under One Roof
    City Under One Roof
    by Iris Yamashita
    When a disembodied arm and leg wash ashore in Point Mettier, Alaska, most residents assume they ...

The Mitford Affair
by Marie Benedict
An explosive novel of history's most notorious sisters, one of whom will have to choose: her country or her family?

Members Recommend

Moonrise Over New Jessup
    by Jamila Minnicks

"Jamila Minnicks pulled me into pages of history I'd never turned before."—Barbara Kingsolver

Exiles
    by Jane Harper

A captivating new mystery from New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Jane Harper.

Wade in the Water
    by Nyani Nkrumah

A gripping debut novel of female power and vulnerability, race, and class set in a small Mississippi town in the early 1980s.

It's A G T Me

The only real blind person at Christmas-time is he who has not Christmas in his heart.