Read what people think about The French Girl by Lexie Elliott, and write your own review.

by Lexie Elliott

The French Girl by Lexie Elliott X
The French Girl by Lexie Elliott

• Published in USA  Feb 2018
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 34 reader reviews for The French Girl

Carole C. (Frisco, TX)

The French Girl
The French Girl hooked me right from the start! I wasn't sure the direction it would take the whole time. You kept trying to pick which friend might have committed the crime, but then you weren't sure if it was even one of the 6 friends. The narrator was likable. This was a fast read and lots of fun! I'll definitely pick up the next book from this author.
Diane P. (Deer Park, WA)

A simple review
The French Girl is one of those books that immerses you. A well written tale of six English students who spend a week in the French countryside only to have a French girl who was staying across the way go missing. Fast forward ten years and five of the six students are now settled into their lives in London when they are notified that the remains of the French girl have been found in an old well on the property where they were staying.

Thus begins the cat and mouse game between the old friends, who knows what, each person carefully searching to see what the others know. This is not a sit on the edge of your seat thriller but a nuanced study of how friends react to news that most likely one of the is a murderer. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it.
Sue P. (ALBUQUERQUE, NM)

The French Girl
Wow! What a debut! I've been in the process of moving to NM from Texas, so I didn't get to this as quickly as I wanted to. But when I did start reading, I finished it in one sitting. It is well crafted and the characters are definitely 3-dimensional. The suspense and the feeling of dread builds wonderfully. I hope she writes more (and more!). So glad I requested this book.
Shirley Thomas (Comfort, TX)

The French Girl by Lexie Elliott
This is a really good murder mystery novel discussing friendship and the bonds that have continued over ten years. The author hooks the reader right from the beginning but then introduces intriguing doubts as secrets and betrayals are revealed and as memories change. The ghost of the murder victim plagues the heroine as she struggles with the reopened case.

Who can she trust and who has betrayed her?
Jane Lee (Diamondhead MS)

First sentence
First sentences can assure that I will keep reading. The debut psychological novel The French Girl begins: "Looking back,the most striking thing is that she knew I didn't like her and she didn't care." Ten years after six university friends spend a week at a French farmhouse the bones of the girl next door was discovered in the well on the property.

Narrated by Kate Channing who is a suspect the book explores friendships, long buried secrets,and betrayals on the way to a satisfying conclusion as to what happened to Severine...the French girl. An awesome first mystery.
Barbara B. (Holbrook, NY)

THE FRENCH GIRL BY LEXIE ELLIOTT
At first I thought this was going to be a book reminiscent of Amanda Knox. But a few pages in and that thought went down the drain. Memories it seems are forever with us. The older we get or the uglier the memory, in this case the disappearance of a friend and what happened to her, can start to really erode friendships. Trust, betrayals, and not being sure of who is deceiving who makes for a really suspenseful story. The ups and downs and backs and forths when they do find out what happened to their friend is written so well and so descriptive that I was just carried along. This was a truly suspenseful book.
Molly B. (Longmont, CO)

Can't Wait for More
The French Girl is a page turner. Ms. Elliott's writing is clear, interesting and intelligent – no redundancies, no apologies or fence-sitting. She uses lots of dialogue, thus letting the characters speak for themselves. We learn who they are from their own voices, as we would people in real life – slowly and with only what is presented to us. Their voices are distinct and interesting – no padding, no fluff - which I so appreciate. Ms. Elliott uses an interesting technique with the first-person protagonist. It's risky, but it totally works in her capable hands. I am really sorry that this is Ms. Elliott's only novel so far, as I would love to read more of her work right this minute.
Samantha H. (Golden, CO)

Highly recommended
The French Girl is the best book that I have read in quite some time. The voice of the main character, Kate, is very engaging -- I was drawn in by her story from the start. Little by little we learn about the complicated relationships within her circle of friends and see how they change as the threat of a criminal investigation develops. This is an interesting story with compelling characters. I highly recommend it.

• Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E