Reader reviews and comments on Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone, plus links to write your own review.

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

1st Published in UK as Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone

by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Sep 1998, 309 pages
    Sep 1999, 312 pages

There are currently 283 reader reviews for Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

tomy (02/29/12)

HarryPotter1
I have never read such a wondrous and time consuming book. A true legend Potter will be, for years and years to come.
kelly (01/04/12)

2 thumbs up!
This book has inspired me to read more at school and at home. I love the Harry Potter series and I'm in the middle of reading the second one! I think J.K Rowling is a great author with a creative imagination! Two thumbs up! :)
kasy (01/03/12)

Harry Potter
This book is filled with mystery and adventure, and very enjoyable for all ages!
painted caves 23 (04/09/11)

da da da
It was full of action and intense suspense. I loved how J.K. Rowling displayed the characters. She makes every feel like they are special. My favorite part is the end when the characters head below the trapped door. They defeat their challenges as we all should in life. When that hurdle comes right at us, we should believe in ourselves and jump over the hurdle. I would recommend this book to all children and adults.
englandlover99 (02/12/11)

AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!
I am a very big reader and this book was AWESOME! I loved it very much, now my brother is reading it. he's only half way through, and he thinks that it's brilliant already! I absolutely LOVED this book and would reccomend it to everyone!
Kennedy (02/05/11)

Wizardly Awesome
Being in the fifth grade: I loved it. From the first page to the last, the book kept me reading. There was suspense, action, adventure with danger thrown in there. A must read book for all to enjoy....
me (01/25/11)

Some
It is great. About the greatest book I ever read.I read a lot of books but this one is the best one in my opinion. It is adventurous, fun, mysterious, and even suspenseful. I love this book.
student (12/14/10)

a 9th grader
This is an amazing book but you do not have the main mysterious part that is at the end.It's all about who is the YOU KNOW WHO that everyone is not allowed say the name of? what was being protected from the 3rd out of bounds corridor? who tries to kill Harry and why? You are missing the main important mysterious info that makes people finish the book till the end!!!!!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

There is no science without fancy and no art without fact

Y S M B, I'll S Y