Read what people think about The Roots of the Olive Tree by Courtney Miller Santo, and write your own review.

The Roots of the Olive Tree

by Courtney Miller Santo

The Roots of the Olive Tree by Courtney Miller Santo

• Published in USA  Aug 2012

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The Roots of the Olive Tree

Anne B. (Carson City, NV) (06/26/12)

The Roots of the Olive Tree
This was a fabulous read! I can't express how much I enjoyed this book. The premise of aging and aging in a family of long-lived women was very unusual and since it is a novel I am not sure how much of the science was accurate, but it convinced me. It also made me decide to explore the subject of superagers more thoroughly, which is something I believe a good novel will do; take you beyond the novel into other compatible territory. The characters were so well-drawn and lifelike that I felt I knew them almost from the beginning. Since this is Ms. Santo's first novel, I will be anxious to see what she writes next. I do think this book would be a good book club choice because there is so much "meat" to the characters and their actions.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things.

Y S M B, I'll S Y