Read what people think about Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea, and write your own review.

Into the Beautiful North

by Luis Alberto Urrea

Into the Beautiful North

• Published in USA  May 2009

There is 1 reader review for Into the Beautiful North

Alice (04/24/13)

Into The Beautiful North
Reading this book was a bit like going home for me. I was born and raised on the Mexican border, so know the towns and cities. Urrea truly captures the minds and spirits of the Mexicans from towns like Tres Camerones. I was willing to slog through too much description, merely to follow the simplistic and predictable storyline. That was okay with me. I read Hummingbird's Daughter and found it to have more substance...still and all I enjoyed my journey through this story. There was a sweetness and graciousness that is so common in Mexico.

• Book Jacket: All We Have Left
    by Louise Penny
  • Book Jacket: Homegoing
    Homegoing
    by Yaa Gyasi

A library...should be the delivery room for the birth of ideas--a place where history comes to life.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: