Read what people think about Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea, and write your own review.

Into the Beautiful North

by Luis Alberto Urrea

Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea

• Published in USA  May 2009

There is 1 reader review for Into the Beautiful North

Alice

Into The Beautiful North
Reading this book was a bit like going home for me. I was born and raised on the Mexican border, so know the towns and cities. Urrea truly captures the minds and spirits of the Mexicans from towns like Tres Camerones. I was willing to slog through too much description, merely to follow the simplistic and predictable storyline. That was okay with me. I read Hummingbird's Daughter and found it to have more substance...still and all I enjoyed my journey through this story. There was a sweetness and graciousness that is so common in Mexico.

My Name Is Leon