Read what people think about Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea, and write your own review.

Into the Beautiful North

by Luis Alberto Urrea

Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea

• Published in USA  May 2009

There is 1 reader review for Into the Beautiful North

Alice (04/24/13)

Into The Beautiful North
Reading this book was a bit like going home for me. I was born and raised on the Mexican border, so know the towns and cities. Urrea truly captures the minds and spirits of the Mexicans from towns like Tres Camerones. I was willing to slog through too much description, merely to follow the simplistic and predictable storyline. That was okay with me. I read Hummingbird's Daughter and found it to have more substance...still and all I enjoyed my journey through this story. There was a sweetness and graciousness that is so common in Mexico.

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...
  • Book Jacket: Inferno
    Inferno
    by Steven Hatch
    The word "Ebola" sets off an almost visceral reaction in many of us; we think about the men, women ...

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R