Read what people think about While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky, and write your own review.

While My Sister Sleeps

by Barbara Delinsky

While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky X
While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky

• Published in USA  Feb 2009

There are currently 18 reader reviews for While My Sister Sleeps

Karen

Beautifully written
While My Sister Sleeps was a true pleasure to read. As a sibling of one sister, I was drawn immediately to the topic of sibling rivalry and it's limits. The characters were genuine and their journey believable. Barbara Delinsky has created a terrific story, one that would be enjoyed by reading groups, as there could be no shortage of lively discussion after reading this book. This is the first book I have read by Delinsky and I am looking forward to reading more.
Amellia

Three letters...W-o-w!
I must point out that I have not read anything by Delinsky before "While My Sister Sleeps." Now I have to wonder why. This was a fabulous book, especially for book clubs who want to discuss a book with many topics that could lead to many different opinions: life support, relationships, the media, friends...and the many areas that are involved with a family crisis, even family secrets. I would have liked to read this at the same time as a sister, or friend to discuss it. That would be a great suggestion to anyone who would like to read this in it's debut. Pick up two copies and share with a friend while reading.

Without giving too much away, this was a book that forces the reader to ask questions of themselves. In fact this book sent me to the store for a journal to pass along my thoughts and feelings to my family. If a book can spark me to do anything in life...it must be good!

Thank you for allowing me the time to read this, I have to consider myself a Delinsky fan!
Vivian

Another Winner From Delinsky
I am a long time fan of this author and was very happy that she did not disappoint with this story. As always, Ms. Delinsky's strength lies in her ability to write realistically about relationships, mother/daughter, siblings and the love/hate relationship that we sometimes have with our family.

The book hooked me from the first page even though the storyline is heartbreaking. It made me think a lot about my own relationships with my mother and sister, and how I would react to such a sudden and devastating loss. A wonderful story of family, love, loss, forgiveness and understanding, I was sorry to see it end. I very highly recommend.
Barbara

While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky
I liked the book right away as it held my interest. It dealt with medical ethics,sibling rivalry,and unfortunately one night stands and pregnancy. I would recommend this to my friends to read. It had a lot of info on both subjects and lately everyone has secrets in their closets. I give it a 5.

While My Sister Slept
This book I definitely could not put down. I started it after lunch and finished it at 11 PM the same day.How a family reacts to an unexpected emergency and faces the difficult decisions affecting everyone certainly held my interest. It makes me wonder how I would handle a similar situation. It really made me think! I will certainly be reading other books by this author and I could see it stimulating quite a discussion for a book club. As a retired librarian and a county library board member, I am always looking for interesting books to recommend.
Kathy

Non-stop Page Turner
Another great read from Barbara Delinsky! I had difficulty putting this book down once I started. I was completely drawn into the life of Molly Snow and wanted the story to continue on past the final page. I can see several themes in this book that would make for compelling book club discussion.

This Book is a Winner!
I was drawn into the lives of the Snow family from page one. The storyline was fascinating - but, it was the character of Molly which kept me fascinated. She loved her family - including her sister, Robin who was an Olympic-level runner. However, Molly's self-doubts were all based on the idea that she was second best in the eyes of her mother. Throughout the book we meet other characters who let us know exactly how wrong Molly was about being second best. Right up to the final page, this book made me happy and content to continue reading about this family. It was "comfort" food to me. I had never read anything by Barbara Delinsky before but I certainly will now. I highly recommend this compelling and emotion-filled book to anyone!!!

Compelling Reading
My book arrived yesterday, mid-day. I've just finished it, and I'm not a fast reader! While My Sister Sleeps weaves medical ethics and moral values into a family story told over a week's time, a week during which much is revealed and lessons are learned. The realistic characters are dealing with issues I can relate to. A good read!

• Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers