Read what people think about Kissing Games of the World by Sandi Kahn Shelton, and write your own review.

by Sandi Kahn Shelton

Kissing Games of the World by Sandi Kahn Shelton X
Kissing Games of the World by Sandi Kahn Shelton

• Published in USA  Nov 2008

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Kissing Games of the World

Kissing Games of the World
This was the first of Sandi Kahn Shelton's books I have read, but it is certainly not the last! Jamie's relationship with her son, Arley and the other characters in this book were heartwarming and so very real. I laughed out loud many times and shed a few tears. Some twists and turns that you won't expect, right up until the end, I was up late more than once with this book in my hand! I loved it! I am going straight to to get more of Sandi Kahn Shelton's books!

Kissing Games
I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this book. The characters are well-drawn and stay true to themselves throughout. The story is engaging and it's twists and turns were entertaining, although the ending was somewhat predictable.

Most enjoyable and authentic, I thought, were the portrayals of the young boys and their own delightful dialogues and adventures.

I missed these people when the book was over and wanted to follow them through further adventures.

The Simple Life
Of course no life is simple but the main character of Jamie, who is the mother to Arley, is one that she craves. She is living in a small town in Connecticut in an old farmhouse. She is housemates with an older man, Harris, who is raising his grandson Christopher. Suddenly Harris dies and life gets very complicated. Nate, Christopher's dad comes back to take control of his son and the life he never wanted, but did he? I really enjoyed this story of love. It raises truths about how people change. The characters were believable and very likable. The two little boys were especially charming and added much to the agonizing of the adults. This was a great end of summer read, though it will not solve the problems of the world, it made me happy and that is something that is very important to all of us.

Kissing Games of the World
Some books take a while to reel you in but I was hooked by this one from the very beginning. I loved it and didn't want it to end. The characters showed that even though we're all flawed beings in some way that we can change and learn to trust and love. I'm still working on the casting for the movie!

Kissing Games of the World
Kissing Games was a great read!!! The story and the characters were all very compelling!!! I look forward to reading more of Shelton's work.

Heartwarming Read
What a great story! This novel was so endearing, from beginning to end. All of the characters were believable, the plot was realistic and kept my interest throughout, and the writing was superb. The story flowed smoothly and without any dry spells....quite remarkable!

I was very impressed with this writer's skill and heart, and I can't wait to read more by this gifted author. If you want a book that will touch your soul, this one will fit the bill! Not a syrupy romance, but a wonderful story about how two people discovered what really matters in life, how they came to terms with love and loss, and happened to find each other in the process.

Funny, yet endearing
Some will call this book "chick lit", but men reading it will learn a lot, not the least of which is that there is always room for change, and often for the better.

"Kissing Games---" is the story of the 3 Goddard "boys" who have left or been left by the loves in their lives. Trust is a key issue for each. After the death of his father Harris, Nate goes back to the home town he left after the death of his wife, mother of his young son Christopher, and learns there's more to life than being in the fast lane. He has to deal with Jamie and her son Arley who were "house mates" of Harris. There are many funny moments as Nate learns to parent, taking his young son Christopher on business trips, while still trying to carry on his love life. Sandi Shelton's writing is very humorous, but she also conveys with sensitivity the hurt that had taken over Nate's life. Her descriptions of Christopher's behavior was spot on!

I read the book in one evening, thought the ending was just right, and can't wait until the author comes out with her next book.

Tender & Witty!
From the first few pages of Shelton's Kissing Games of the World, I was hooked! Her characters just spring to life and become people you know. She writes about ordinary people living their lives the best they can. She does it in a tender and witty way and she's made a fan out of me. This is the first time I've read one of Shelton's books, but now I will definitely go back for her others.

• Book Jacket: Women & Power