What do readers think of The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth? Write your own review.

Summary | Discuss | Reviews | More Information | More Books

The Secrets of Midwives

by Sally Hepworth

The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth X
The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth

• Published in USA  Dec 2015

There are currently 30 reader reviews for The Secrets of Midwives

Aleksandra E. (Alpharetta, GA)

A fast, entertaining read
What can I say about a book I finished in 2 days? I really enjoyed the storyline, the characters and was thoroughly engaged from start to finish. It was a light but well developed plot and hearing from the different characters point of view held my interest. Often, I judge a book based on how often I want to go back to it to find out what's going to happen next. I polished this one off in two days so I would definitely categorize it as highly enjoyable, entertaining & even informative.
Madeline (Florida)

An Enjoyable Read
This is a good, solid women's fiction novel, full of heart and warmth and strong characters, who are struggling with secrets that may forever change who they are and the relationships they hold dear.
Zonetta G. (Winter Springs, FL)

Light Read
This book, while entertaining, reads like a YA chick lit. The main characters were not always believable and needed more depth. The premise of the story was a good one and the information on midwifery was enlightening. This would probably be a good beach read.
Mary H. (Phoenix, AZ)

The Choices of Women
This read could lend to some discussion about pregnancy, expectations, love, family and or personal choices. For me, the story was too light, as if a 'made for TV movie was just around the corner'. It told a good story, however, the characters did not interest me much. I thought that the multiple generational aspect of the intertwining lives would lead to more in-depth story lines, but the author just skimmed the surface.
Pamela F. (Sun City West, AZ)

The Secret of Midwives
This is a very light and breezy read from Sally Hepworth. I liked the book for what it is, light chick lit. The story held my attention and I finished the book within 2 days. I am not sure if I would have continued the book had I not committed to read it for Bookbrowse. All three women had their secrets but they were pretty easy to predict. Still if you are looking for a light novel to escape into, this might be for you.
Virginia P. (Tallahassee, FL)

The Secrets of Midwives
The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth is a quick read which held my interest to a point. I wished for more depth in the characters as well as for more depth in the practice of midwifery. This is not a memorable book, only one that provides some entertainment for a short time. This book would probably appeal to young adult women, but as a senior, I found the cavalier attitude toward the paternity of one character's baby somewhat disappointing. The outstanding PBS series, "Call The Midwife" comes to mind in making a comparison and this book fails to measure up to that story.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: What Storm, What Thunder
    What Storm, What Thunder
    by Myriam J. A. Chancy
    What Storm, What Thunder illuminates life in Haiti during and after the massive earthquake on ...
  • Book Jacket: Noor
    Noor
    by Nnedi Okorafor
    Noor's heroine goes by the moniker AO. Though officially this stands for her given name, Anwuli ...
  • Book Jacket: Five Tuesdays in Winter
    Five Tuesdays in Winter
    by Lily King
    Lily King's two recent novels Euphoria and Writers & Lovers could hardly be more different: one has ...
  • Book Jacket: Never
    Never
    by Ken Follett
    Ken Follett's thriller Never outlines a chillingly possible path to World War III. Fifty-year-old ...

My Broken Language
by Quiara Alegría Hudes
A Pulitzer Prize–winning playwright tells her lyrical coming of age story in a sprawling Puerto Rican family.

The Latinist
    by Mark Prins

A page-turning exploration of power, ambition, and the intertwining of love and obsession.

Honor
    by Thrity Umrigar

Bestselling author Thrity Umrigar tells the moving story of two Indian women and the courage they inspire in each other.

In war there are no unwounded soldiers

L's G T Show O T R