Reader reviews and comments on Love Sick: One Woman's Journey through Sexual Addiction, plus links to write your own review.

Love Sick: One Woman's Journey through Sexual Addiction

by Sue William Silverman

Love Sick: One Woman's Journey through Sexual Addiction by Sue William Silverman

May 2001, 288 pages
    Feb 2008, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Love Sick: One Woman's Journey through Sexual Addiction

jtoour (05/31/02)

Most homosexuals are addicted to sex also. But true homosexuals are rare anyway.
Anonymous (01/28/02)

BookBrowse.com - Davina
Silverman's memoir explores with unflinching detail how, as an adult, she came to equate sex with love, in a desperate and unconscious attempt to rationalize the fact that the only 'love' that she had ever received from the most important man in her childhood - her own father - was in the form of an incestuous relationship.
In my view, to write a memoir about one's childhood as a victim of incest (as Silverman did in her first book 'Because I remember Terror, Father, I Remember You') is an incredibly brave thing to do, but to write about how that effected her as an adult - leading her to become a sex addict - addicted to the high of dangerous encounters; and how she overcame her addiction, is incredibly courageous.

I strongly recommend this book for anyone interested in learning about addiction. The pattern Silverman describes is similar with addicts of all stripes - whether their addiction be alcohol, drugs, food or whatever.

The Summer Before the War
    Tender
    by Belinda McKeon

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it

K Your F C