Reader reviews and comments on Love Sick: One Woman's Journey through Sexual Addiction, plus links to write your own review.

Love Sick: One Woman's Journey through Sexual Addiction

by Sue William Silverman

Love Sick: One Woman's Journey through Sexual Addiction by Sue William Silverman

May 2001, 288 pages
    Feb 2008, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Love Sick: One Woman's Journey through Sexual Addiction

jtoour

Most homosexuals are addicted to sex also. But true homosexuals are rare anyway.
Anonymous

BookBrowse.com - Davina
Silverman's memoir explores with unflinching detail how, as an adult, she came to equate sex with love, in a desperate and unconscious attempt to rationalize the fact that the only 'love' that she had ever received from the most important man in her childhood - her own father - was in the form of an incestuous relationship.
In my view, to write a memoir about one's childhood as a victim of incest (as Silverman did in her first book 'Because I remember Terror, Father, I Remember You') is an incredibly brave thing to do, but to write about how that effected her as an adult - leading her to become a sex addict - addicted to the high of dangerous encounters; and how she overcame her addiction, is incredibly courageous.

I strongly recommend this book for anyone interested in learning about addiction. The pattern Silverman describes is similar with addicts of all stripes - whether their addiction be alcohol, drugs, food or whatever.

• Book Jacket: Happiness
    Happiness
    by Heather Harpham
    Of the 53 reviews submitted for Happiness, 49 readers rated it a four- or five-star book for an ...
    My Name Is Leon