Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022

What readers think of Uplift, plus links to write your own review.

Uplift

Sep 2001, 288 pages

May 2003, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Uplift

Vickie Fournier

I just want to thank Barbara Delinsky for this very special book, Uplift. After I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and knew I'd have radiation, I went to the library to find books that would tell me about it. I found this book. It has been a real God Send all the way. I had my surgery on Tuesday; 3 days ago, and just keep reading all the encouraging things in this book.

Reading this book takes so much of the fear out of everything related to breast cancer. You see that there are ways to cope with evrything and people who have done it. I hope not to have chemo-therapy but after reading this book, I know even that is do-able! There are no horror stories here. Only encouragement and ways to cope.

I really thank God for this book and wish that everyone diagnosed with breast cancer could have this book. Doctors should make it required reading for all patients.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Barbara, for this book!
Kayleen Rouse

I so much enjoyed the Foreward with your story, Barbara. I thought I could read the entire book but it was more than I could handle at this point in my life. I have been an avid fan of yours for a long time and don't think I have missed any of your books. But having lost my 39 yr. old daughter to breast cancer a year and a half ago made it very diffiicult for me to read all the wonderful survivor stories. I so wish that your book had been available to my daughter when she was diagnosed. She didn't know any survivors. She was so young she didn't even know anyone who had breast cancer except for a few of my acquaintances. She, too , was one of those Positive Thinking people. She made it clear to all who knew and loved her that she wouldn't toloerate any negativeness. Of course, that made it much easier for her father and I . But we had not been waiting for BC to come as there was no one in our families who had breast cancer. We too could tell the funny stories about the wigs and the prosthesis. Her favorite was to tell her friends that she "fried her wig" and Mom punctured the boob! While I was trying to make a swimsuit adaptable to a prosthesis for a cruise , my needle slipped and punctured the thing! First I cried, knowing how much they cost , and then I patched it with the Repair Kit from the old water bed!! We too had our horror stories with the drainage tubes!

Please keep up the good work! I know that your book will help many in the future. Kayleen Rouse

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

Bewilderment
    by Richard Powers
    In 2019, Richard Powers won the Pulitzer Prize for The Overstory, a sprawling novel whose characters...
  • Book Jacket: I'm the Girl
    I'm the Girl
    by Courtney Summers
    YA author Courtney Summers doesn't believe in shielding her teenage readers from the world's darkest...
  • Book Jacket: They're Going to Love You
    by Isaac Blum

Members Recommend

Dinosaurs
    by Lydia Millet

"Tender but never sentimental, wearing its intelligence in a low-slung style, Dinosaurs is a garden of earthly delights."—Vogue

W N, W Not

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are