Reader reviews and comments on Valhalla Rising, plus links to write your own review.

Valhalla Rising

Jul 2002, 528 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Valhalla Rising

Salys

By far Cussler's best!!
Valhalla Rising was my 12th Cussler book in under a year and I must say it was definitely the best. The best part of Dirk Pitt's adventures is that they don't have to be historically accurate in order to be a good story. The shocking twists make the story. I'm 16 and I finished this book in less than 9 hours, it's too gripping to put down. Definitely good for Cussler newbies!!
uber

awesome!!!!!!!!!
Ryon

Great book. This is my first Dirk Pitt novel, and I thought it was fantastic. The surprise at the end was difficult to believe, but I thout it was exiting. I am a 14 year old from Canada, and was deeply entertained.5/5
Nathaniel

Cussler has done it again!!! Now, it's surprising that some people would say, "This book stinks," when this is one of his best books ever. He is soooooo good!!!! I just can't wait for his next book!!
Spud

This book is excellent, keeping you wondering what will happen next. Very well written and keeps you in it all the way.
John

Excellent! really enjoyed the read, Ending was bizarre are trying to put Dirk out to pasture or is this the beginning of a fiendish plot for the novel. Thanks
Fieldy

This book was awesome! The 'surprise' at the end was bizarre and entertaining!
Shadow

Valhalla Rising is even better the second time around...the only problem is the "surprise" ending, which as any Pitt fan will tell you is impossible.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Watch Over Me
    Watch Over Me
    by Nina LaCour
    In the vast, kaleidoscopic multiverse of plot devices, one type that always pulls me right in is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Cold Millions
    The Cold Millions
    by Jess Walter
    Jess Walter's The Cold Millions centers around 16-year-old Rye Dolan and his 23-year-old brother Gig...
    The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R