Reader reviews and comments on Dead North, plus links to write your own review.

Dead North

by Sue Henry

Dead North

Jun 2001, 288 pages
    Apr 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Dead North

CotHound (07/19/08)

Like Jessie Arnold, I had many questions and not enought answers...
I enjoyed reading this book as I have other Sue Henry books. That being said,
I need to say that this book Dead North was just as cornball as the others with a totally implausible plot line. Characters take actions that do not make any sense. Additionally there are many coincidences where characters conveniently reappear just at the right time when in reality the odds of that happening are thousands to one. In Dead North this reappearance of characters happens not just once or twice but all throughout the book! Conversely, Henry’s descriptions of nature and scenery are beautiful. Her attention to detail, historic, technical and otherwise show that Henry does her research well. The locations and items in the book actually exist and are much as Henry describes them. But in regards to the story itself, like Sue Henry’s heroin, Jessie Arnold, “the famous musher,” by the book’s end I was left with many questions and no answers. My friend and I thought that Henry should maybe publish a companion FAQ to go with her books. If you like G rated stories with fantastic scenery and cornball plots then I highly recommend this book!
Rebecca Hannum Age: 17 (02/21/07)

Suspense
Thank you for your novel about the Alaskan Highway! I traveled the highway over the summer of 2006 and It was as interesting as you had said in the novel yet nothing that tragic happened. I love the way that you told the story and had me sitting on the edge of my seat the whole way through the novel. Thank you for this very impressive novel.
Thomas Lyle (01/25/05)

this is a great book and I recomend everyone to read it
lee ann martinsen (09/27/03)

what a great trip you travel on in the novel.. i wanted to learn more about the alaskan highway, and want to travel it some day. since i have read other novels by sue henry, i was in suspense until the last sentence, wondering what twists the plot would take... if you want to take a vacation, while still working.. read this novel!
Terry G. Lacy (09/22/02)

A slow pleasant start that picks up the pace and becomes a furious chase - I couldn't put it down.
Thank you once again, Sue Henry.

Stalin's Daughter
    The Romanovs
    by Simon Sebag Montefiore

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

The Imperial Wife
    by Irina Reyn

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All