Reader reviews and comments on Ghost Soldiers, plus links to write your own review.

Ghost Soldiers

May 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 31 reader reviews for Ghost Soldiers

Ms. Denise L. Holtz

A humane war book
I was profoundly moved and shocked at the suffering the men endured. I felt so helpless to do anything about their incredible misery and pain and inability to save themselves.
maud rawson

A wonderfully written and researched book
Hampton Sides has written one of the best books I have read. His telling of the story kept me wanting to stay awake and finish this fine book. I highly recommend it and I commend the author for doing such intensive research and writing so caringly about the people in his book. I never knew just how POWs had been treated and it is an eyeopener.
jeff

ghost soldiers
Great book,my grandfather is 87 he is the one that shot the lock off the p.o.w camp gate and proceeded to get the prisioners out; makes you proud to be an American.
Chuck Vietnam combat vet

I have had the pleasure of reading "Ghost Soldiers". Prior to the start of this fine book, I
finished "Flags of our Fathers" as well as "Flyboys" both excellent reads. Much to my suprise,
I found "Ghost Soldiers" read much like watching a motion picture presentation . Each chapter
built upon the next with an exciting conclusion.

If you like drama, and excitement and real history thrown in, well this one for you.

My hat is off to those who served in WW II and what they went through in the south pacific.

My Uncle served with the U. S. Marines at Tarawa as well as Iwo Jima and Okinawa.
I heard about the war strories growing up, but had not idea what my other Uncles were
talking about until I read these fine books.

Ghost Soldiers gives you the action right in your lap.

Don't miss reading this book. It's one that you won't soon forget.

Lisa

A truly extraordinary and humbling book. One of the best war stories I have ever read.
Herbert

This book was simply marvelous. Hampton sides brought this story to life with his brilliant use of imagery. There would be no better way to describe such a horrendous time filled with countless Japanese atrocities. Its a must read!
Toms

Good Stuff + what the other guys said
Amber

This book was wonderful and an accurate depiction of what happened to these POW's. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Book Jacket: The Ninth Hour

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E