Reader reviews and comments on Ghost Soldiers, plus links to write your own review.

Ghost Soldiers

May 2001, 336 pages
    May 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 31 reader reviews for Ghost Soldiers

Jerhet Ask

Awesome book, especially if you're interested in WWII and its many unknown stories. Thanks.
mandee

Mandee, 14, I love this book! It is one of the greatest war stories i have ever read. It is a riveting, compelling story of heroism about the brave soldiers of the 6th Ranger Battalion going in behind enemy lines to rescue the POW's from Cabanatuan Camp. It is definitely a must read story for all those who love war stories!
Isabel

This is by far the best book I have ever read about a rescue mission and the life of a POW. I am very interested in WWII, and although the author did not give more details about the life in the camps, the general idea was well explained. I do not think there will be a book that will totally explain what these men went through, but I read it with a sincere heart and I got the main point. Reading this book brought tears to my eyes, to know how many great people have given their lives in order for me to have what I have. The best I can do is to pass it on to my children. Since schools teach "selected history," it is my responsibility to teach my children to appreciate this wonderful country and to be proud of the men that have fought for it. I highly recommend this book.
Lee Ann Iaeger

My family never received much information on what happen to my Uncle while he was held in a Japanese POW camp after the fall of Bataan. He died of malnutrition in one of the camps. Since I was a child, I’ve viewed the Purple Heart on the mantle and wondered what he had to go through. This book opened my eyes. I never, in my wildest dreams, guessed it would have been that horrible. I don’t know how many times I cried for him while reading this book. It was so compelling. I couldn’t put it down.
Joseph Go

Bravo !
Greg C

Excellent book and story. I would love to see the movie.
Andrew Wood

Since the beginning of the Revolutionary War, countless American soldiers have given up their lives to keep our country free. Sadly, not many American citizens realize the difficult trials that our soldiers endure to ensure our tranquil freedom. Or, some citizens prefer to ignore or even overlook the gruesome details that bought our freedom. However, Hampton Sides, through his book Ghost Fleet, describes the gruesome experiences that our soldiers went through during the Bataan Death March and at Camp O’Donnell. The Treatment of the Prisoners Of War and how they were transported from place to place made them the worst experiences of World War II.
ranger boy

if you like rangers..if you like world war 2... maybe you even want to be a ranger like me, this is the book for you. ever dream of being a hero? ever wish you were a ranger? ever read this book? you should.

Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin
  • Book Jacket: The Last Collection
    The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin
    What it's about:
    The Last Collection by Jeanne Mackin follows the lives of two internationally ...
  • Book Jacket: Mrs. Everything
    Mrs. Everything
    by Jennifer Weiner
    Mrs. Everything spans six decades of an American family. We meet the Kaufman sisters Josette 'Jo' ...
    Tip of the Iceberg
    by Mark Adams
    In the late 19th century, railroad magnate Edward Harriman decided he needed a break from his ...

The Volunteer
    by Jack Fairweather

The true story of one man, an underground army, and the secret mission to destroy Auschwitz from within.

The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin

A vivid novel about the intense rivalry between iconic fashion designers Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly