What readers think of Choke, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Jun 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Choke

Mattie

Fantastic
the thing i like about chuck palahniuk's writing is his dark and perverse humor. i loved fight club and invisible monsters. choke did not let me down. it's something you have to read and have an open mind about. it's intriguing and addictive.
Sy'rah

Palahniuk's novel Choke is both thouroughly encahnting and repulsive. His quick and blunt prose is just enough to make some people sqeamish, but if you stay along for the ride, you won't be disappointed. The plot twists that ensue inevitably make your mouth hang open. The novel is also intriguing to many different people, like those who do not read very much literature, because of its strong focal point of sex. However, many other feelings and ideas and nihilistic theories are conveyed and one cannot help admiring how Palahniuk weaves them all together. Choke is a must read for all fans of modern literature and all those who want to start reading quality fiction.
Thereader

I enjoyed this book... Plane and simple if you can stomach this book you will find yourself not being able to put it down. If you dont blush every time someone mentions sex you should be just fine..
Amy

Chuck has his own style and wit that accompany his thoughts and ideas of many of his books. If only people could come to terms with who they are and what could be changed for the better instead of hiding everything in their own back pocket, maybe then we could really come to understand human nature and accept it for what it is. The story behind this book is incredible. Palahniuk writes beautifully.
Mike K

Chuck's original dark writing is incridible. Choke's subject matter is both revolting and enticing. This is a total change for the average reader, a must read.
Rob

The diamond of truth in a cave full of false securities, this book gives a dark but excellent look at our society. A great read, I'd reccomend it to just about anyone.
MeilinRae

Insanely intelligent, twisted ending, i loved it!
Chuckie's got an amazing and unique writing style.
htezera@iwon.com

Amazing book.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Real Americans
    Real Americans
    by Rachel Khong
    Rachel Khong's sophomore novel Real Americans is an intergenerational saga that questions racial and...
  • Book Jacket: A Short Walk Through a Wide World
    A Short Walk Through a Wide World
    by Douglas Westerbeke
    From the very first page of A Short Walk Through a Wide World, debut novelist (and librarian!) ...
  • Book Jacket: The Swans of Harlem
    The Swans of Harlem
    by Karen Valby
    Journalist Karen Valby's first book, The Swans of Harlem, introduces readers to the little-known ...
  • Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Familiar
by Leigh Bardugo
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author Leigh Bardugo comes a spellbinding novel set in the Spanish Golden Age.

Members Recommend

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

Not doing more than the average is what keeps the average down.

R is a D B S C