Reader reviews and comments on Choke, plus links to write your own review.

Choke by Chuck Palahniuk X
Choke by Chuck Palahniuk

May 2001, 304 pages
    Jun 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Choke

Mattie

Fantastic
the thing i like about chuck palahniuk's writing is his dark and perverse humor. i loved fight club and invisible monsters. choke did not let me down. it's something you have to read and have an open mind about. it's intriguing and addictive.
Sy'rah

Palahniuk's novel Choke is both thouroughly encahnting and repulsive. His quick and blunt prose is just enough to make some people sqeamish, but if you stay along for the ride, you won't be disappointed. The plot twists that ensue inevitably make your mouth hang open. The novel is also intriguing to many different people, like those who do not read very much literature, because of its strong focal point of sex. However, many other feelings and ideas and nihilistic theories are conveyed and one cannot help admiring how Palahniuk weaves them all together. Choke is a must read for all fans of modern literature and all those who want to start reading quality fiction.
Thereader

I enjoyed this book... Plane and simple if you can stomach this book you will find yourself not being able to put it down. If you dont blush every time someone mentions sex you should be just fine..
Amy

Chuck has his own style and wit that accompany his thoughts and ideas of many of his books. If only people could come to terms with who they are and what could be changed for the better instead of hiding everything in their own back pocket, maybe then we could really come to understand human nature and accept it for what it is. The story behind this book is incredible. Palahniuk writes beautifully.
Mike K

Chuck's original dark writing is incridible. Choke's subject matter is both revolting and enticing. This is a total change for the average reader, a must read.
Rob

The diamond of truth in a cave full of false securities, this book gives a dark but excellent look at our society. A great read, I'd reccomend it to just about anyone.
MeilinRae

Insanely intelligent, twisted ending, i loved it!
Chuckie's got an amazing and unique writing style.
htezera@iwon.com

Amazing book.

• Book Jacket: Calypso
    Calypso
    by David Sedaris
    David Sedaris' Calypso is every bit as hilarious and irreverent, as clever and incisive, as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E