Reader reviews and comments on P Is For Peril, plus links to write your own review.

P Is For Peril

by Sue Grafton

P Is For Peril by Sue Grafton

Jun 2001, 304 pages
    Jun 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 15 reader reviews for P Is For Peril

J K

Great til the end
I enjoyed the book very much until I reached the (end)? I just drops like someone in mid sentence, no closure, as if missing the last chapter - very very upsetting - couldn't believe it - that was just mean.
Yanique

whose is the murderer?
It is the best Kinsey Millhone series yet...but... what happened to the end?

Wierd...but it was a good book!!
Shawn B

I also thought this was a great book up until the end. It was missing the usual commentary given by Kinsey at the end. I actually went to a couple of bookstores and looked up the book to make sure my copy wasn't missing any pages.
Azhar

I didn't get the ending! I also felt like something was missing. Seems like everyone else in here felt the same way. Does anyone have any idea? I think it was L or P . Someone explain!!!
roy h.

better than previous books, but ending was strange. seems to have
missed something along the way
DoctorJ

Anica and Crystal
A previous reader is correct: When Kinsey first meets Anica, she's fresh from a shower, and Crystal is just then showering. Add that Anica works at an all-girls school (admittedly equivocal), and Crystal is insistent on Leila spending the night at her step-father's, perhaps to give A&C a weekend alone.

The clincher, such as it is, comes at the end of the book. {Spoiler removed}

As I read in a review somewhere, there are no likable characters in this book, possibly excepting the doctor, and then only if he was not involved in the fraud at all.
jan4jc

Not all that satisfying
Even though I figured out "whodunit", I still like the author to confirm it, and that didn't happen in this one.

For those who aren't sure, reread Kinsey's first interview with Anica and Crystal, then reread the last few pages. Pay attention to all the little nuances. (Remember the type of school Anica works at and the fact that there wasn't an affair with Clint Augustine after all.)

Not my favorite, but not my least favorite either.
tanya

I agree with the other readers. I thought the epilogue had been left out of my book. Too many loose ends, the ending left me wondering who did what! I don't feel this was Ms. Grafton's best work. It is the only book in the series where she does not wrapped up the story.

• Book Jacket: The Force
    by Julian Barnes

Win The Library of Light and Shadow

The Library of Light and Shadow by M.J. Rose

The Almost Sisters

A powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South.

T H Are B T O