Reader reviews and comments on Snow Mountain Passage, plus links to write your own review.

Snow Mountain Passage

by James Houston

Snow Mountain Passage by James Houston

Mar 2001, 336 pages
    Apr 2002, 336 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Snow Mountain Passage

Dylan Hensley

This book was a great retelling story of the Donner Party of 1846. I read it for a book report, and i have to say it was one of my favorite books I've donea report on.
Marcus

It was a good book.
Peter Boffey

The dynamics peculiar to this period of intense social and political upheavels in what we now call Northern California had never, in my experience, been brought to life in such a communicative fashion. Reading SNOW MOUNTAIN PASSAGE, I finally felt as if I were approaching an approximate understanding of what the human situation was like when Californios, Mexicanos, and Americanos negotiated one another during the course of a unique transformation. Bravo! The author also ranks up there with Steinbeck, Stegner, and others who have descriptively evoked the landforms, weather patterns, and flora & fauna of several adjacents bioregions in a complex place. And throughout the story, one does what to know: what happens next?

Smoke
    by Dan Vyleta
  • Book Jacket: Golden Hill
    Golden Hill
    by Francis Spufford
  • Book Jacket: Midnight at the Electric
    Midnight at the Electric
    by Jodi Lynn Anderson
    The world changes, but humanity stays the same. Whether a book takes place in the year 1510 or 2010,...

Win The Library of Light and Shadow