Reader reviews and comments on Finding Fish, plus links to write your own review.

by Antwone Quenton Fisher

Jan 2001, 368 pages
    Dec 2001, 352 pages

There are currently 40 reader reviews for Finding Fish

Lavie Reid (04/21/11)

Motivator
This is an excellent book. I couldn't put the book down. It brought tears to my eyes as well as laughter to my soul. I couldn't imagine living his story. I believe many young people would benefit from this story.
Anabell (09/23/10)

very emotional but with an incredibly strong and wonderful value
I found this book for the purpose of my English classes, but I couldn't only learn new words, also I have learned as we have so much without realizing it. I admire Mr. Denzel Washington as an actor, in fact is seen all your movie, but this has stolen my heart, because "we can help one person, but sometimes we need the help more than that other person." It's an amazing story and admire. "My respect."

A C.
Rebecca Layne (03/02/08)

Stunning
This biography reads like a fiction book. The story of a little boy becoming a man is very interesting. I fell upon this book a few weeks ago for a book report for school. I wanted a book that read like "A Child Called It" and I found "Finding Fish", the perfect book I was looking for. This book is easy to read, for I am a ninth grader and understand this book really well, but this book is very complex in finding how Antwone feels and I felt a strong connection to Antwone. Antwone Quenton Fisher, I give you kudos for such an awesome book! Thank you for the last few weeks of enjoyment!
Shade Adeyinka (01/10/08)

Emotionally deprived
This is the story of a boy who grew up with an inadequate Love and emotional reserve to withdraw from in facing his life's challenges. When the family that is supposed to aid the growth and development of a child are the same ones taunting the child, through deliberate or indeliberate abuse (abnormal use), it would have to take a miracle for that child to survive and eventually overcome his life's obstacles to becoming a grown man. This, Antwone has been able to do as observed in His story. I recommend this book to any persons seeking to find the child in him/her and growing to becoming his/her own parent.
Karina Flores (09/20/05)

Finding Fish
I am truly amazed of Antwone Fisher.You are a leader, an example for all of us, your readers to learn from.Finding Fish, has been the best story I have read.Thankyou so much for the wonderful lesson you taught me through every single word put together into your amazing autobiograpy.I truly believe with a phrase you include towards the very end of the story "everything that happened did so for a reason,at exactly the right time,in exactly the right way, nothing happens to us by chance." I will always treasure this words, God bless you and your family, I wish you great success always, thankyou for teaching me so many things through your story.
Sharon (10/15/04)

I absolutely loved this book, we chose it for our bookclub read and I cant wait to discuss the book. It evoked a range of emotion in me and that "conceived" for me that fact that this is a darn good book. It is the story of hurt, pain, helpfulness, sorrow, joy, experience that ultimately showed that no matter what your circumstance God always send an angel to guide you if you are willing to listen. Thank you Fish for sharing your life with us. My hope that your story will assist another child that may be in similar circumstances and help them to triumph!
Alma Jones (03/30/04)

I am a college student and I was looking for a perfect book to read for my book report. That's when I found the book in the store. I saw the movie first then read the book. What I like about the book is it's more detailed than the movie. It touched my heart over and over again when his foster mom physically abused them and the lady that sexually molested Antwone while Mrs. Pickett wasn't in the house. I can't imagine what he went thru. I wanted to choke that lady who sexually molested him. My son was in a foster home for 11 months also. While I was reading the book questions pop in my mind like was my son being threated fairly when he was in the foster home? How was the foster mother nice and loving? By the way this is my very first novel I have read in my entire life and I am impress on how I could not put the book down. I wish you more blessings Antwone! God loves you always. You're a strong man.
scott (03/02/04)

I really enjoyed this book and definately would recommend it to other people to read, and I really am not a big fan of reading but this one I couldn't put down.

• Book Jacket: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko

by Scott Stambach

"An auspicious, gut-wrenching, wonderful debut." - Kirkus, starred review

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

This Must Be the Place