What readers think of Dr. Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss, plus links to write your own review.

Dr. Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss

The Visual Program for Permanent Weight Loss

by Howard M. Shapiro

Dr. Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss by Howard M. Shapiro X
Dr. Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss by Howard M. Shapiro

Apr 2000, 352 pages

May 2001, 352 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Dr. Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss

Dolores

Picture Perfect Weight Loss
Dr Mr Shapiro..About 5 years ago I seen you on tv and was interested in what you had to say..so months passed and on our trip to visit our son..we went to a book store and bought the book..I just looked at the pictures and figured ok,I think I can do it, just by looking at the pictures and seen how you compared the foods..it raised my hopes..so I got on a diet of eating right..well to begin with I wanted to lose weight with out any help..like pills,etc..well let me tell you month by month I was shedding off pounds..it took me about a year..slowly but surely the pounds came off..I lost 70 pounds and kept it off for 3 years..then I gained my weight back cause of stress..but I know I started back on it so far I have lost 8 pounds..when I had lost all that weight..my doctor asked me if I was taking anything for losing weight and I told him how I was doing it and he said he was very proud of me for not using over the counter pills..so this time he told me if you did it before you can do it again..so I'm back, I also have a friend who I am showing on how to eat healthy and exercise and she has lost weight and she tells me she feels good...all I gotta say I love this book it taught me how to compare food and eat right and I don't get the jitters or anything...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! this book is...GOOD!!!! Thank You Dr.Shapiro,on making it so easy to lose weight..
Theresa

I recently received a copyof Picture Perfect Weight Loss from my dad and have already lost ten pounds! This book is well written and easy to read, the pages practically turn themselves. I'm not the type of person who likes to read how-to books or sets of instructions or fact-filled mumble-jumble. With this book I didn't have to.

Probably the best thing about this book is the quantity of visual information. Instead of adding up columns of numbers of calories, Dr. Shapiro shows you: you can eat one cup of cashews or eight baked potatoes with salsa, mmmmmmmmm!

I highly recommend this book.
Diane N

My daughter gave me Dr. Shapiros book for my birthday.It is wonderful. I haven't had any luck in the past dropping unwanted weight, but in the past two weeks I've lost five pounds and haven't felt this good in years. I love the fact that he doesn't tell you what you can or can not have. It's your choice. And I'm experiencing new foods I have never tried. This book is a real eye opener.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

The Lost Ticket
    by Freya Sampson
    Drama on the bus can be Shakespearean. You just want to go downtown, but on the way, you overhear a ...
    The War Librarian
    by Addison Armstrong
    Emmaline Balakin believes in the power of the written word — books have changed her life. When...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Goose
    The Book of Goose
    by Yiyun Li
    Yiyun Li's The Book of Goose is a story of childhood friendship between narrator Agnès, a one-...
  • Book Jacket: Big Red
    Big Red
    by Jerome Charyn
    Jerome Charyn made his name as an author of detective novels, and over the years he has taken his ...

The Bell in the Lake
by Lars Mytting

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, the inspiring new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

Book Club Giveaway!