MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Jim The Boy, plus links to write your own review.

Jim The Boy

by Tony Earley

Jim The Boy by Tony Earley X
Jim The Boy by Tony Earley

Jun 2000, 240 pages
    Apr 2001, 256 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Jim The Boy

Brandy Adams

A great book. Really felt like I was there. Excited to hear places I knew.
Norm

"Jim The Boy" is one of those books that you are glad you've read. Growing up poor, but not knowing it then, I can relate somewhat to what Jim went through. Mr Earley does a fantastic job drawing the pictures in one's mind, making one recollect the many similar experiences and feelings I had while growing up.
David K.

Tony Earley's book, "Jim the Boy", is capturing and engaging. "Jim the Boy" seeks to assist readers in personal growth. Through thoughtful narative Mr. Earley effectivly shows readers the wondement of growth and evolution through the eyes of a young boy who, just like the country, is struggling to come into its own.
Unkown

Decent Book
I found this book to be a good choice for myself. For school I have been reading many of the classics and this fit in perfectly with all the other books. It was a great find and I recommend this book to anyone out there looking for another classic book.
Jon

This books aight
Ryan peterson

The Book shows you how a ten year old boy can have such a good life without having any of the new things that we have in our world today. It's just overwhelming that how Jim could have such a good life without any of the things we have and it just makes you stop and think about how it must felt and how much better life was back then in a way.
V_Volcanoo.

Jim the Boy
Well, what can I say? I thought it was very weak and really no sense. Very slow pace. Just awful. Also a lot of things didn't really make sense whatsoever.
bbmac

A BORING BOOK! I feel asleep and got the best nap i have ever had, therefore i gave it a 3.

• Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...
    Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...

I Want You to Know We're Still Here
    by Esther Safran Foer

"A vivid testimony to the power of memory."
    - Kirkus (starred review)

And They Called It Camelot
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

An unforgettable portrait of American legend Jackie O.

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed