We are proud to announce that BookBrowse has won Platinum in the 2024 Modern Library Awards.

What readers think of Jim The Boy, plus links to write your own review.

Jim The Boy

by Tony Earley

Jim The Boy by Tony Earley X
Jim The Boy by Tony Earley

Jun 2000, 240 pages

Apr 2001, 256 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Jim The Boy

Brandy Adams

A great book. Really felt like I was there. Excited to hear places I knew.
Norm

"Jim The Boy" is one of those books that you are glad you've read. Growing up poor, but not knowing it then, I can relate somewhat to what Jim went through. Mr Earley does a fantastic job drawing the pictures in one's mind, making one recollect the many similar experiences and feelings I had while growing up.
David K.

Tony Earley's book, "Jim the Boy", is capturing and engaging. "Jim the Boy" seeks to assist readers in personal growth. Through thoughtful narative Mr. Earley effectivly shows readers the wondement of growth and evolution through the eyes of a young boy who, just like the country, is struggling to come into its own.
Unkown

Decent Book
I found this book to be a good choice for myself. For school I have been reading many of the classics and this fit in perfectly with all the other books. It was a great find and I recommend this book to anyone out there looking for another classic book.
Jon

This books aight
Ryan peterson

The Book shows you how a ten year old boy can have such a good life without having any of the new things that we have in our world today. It's just overwhelming that how Jim could have such a good life without any of the things we have and it just makes you stop and think about how it must felt and how much better life was back then in a way.
V_Volcanoo.

Jim the Boy
Well, what can I say? I thought it was very weak and really no sense. Very slow pace. Just awful. Also a lot of things didn't really make sense whatsoever.
bbmac

A BORING BOOK! I feel asleep and got the best nap i have ever had, therefore i gave it a 3.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    by Shubnum Khan
    Shubnum Khan's eloquent and moving debut novel opens in 1932, when a djinn that haunts a house by ...
  • Book Jacket: Transient and Strange
    Transient and Strange
    by Nell Greenfieldboyce
    Throughout her powerful essay collection, Transient and Strange, science reporter Nell ...
  • Book Jacket: Prophet Song
    Prophet Song
    by Paul Lynch
    Paul Lynch's 2023 Booker Prize–winning Prophet Song is a speedboat of a novel that hurtles...
  • Book Jacket: The Frozen River
    The Frozen River
    by Ariel Lawhon
    "I cannot say why it is so important that I make this daily record. Perhaps because I have been ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Mockingbird Summer
by Lynda Rutledge
A powerful and emotional coming-of-age novel set in the 1960s by the bestselling author of West with Giraffes.

Members Recommend

Leaving
    by Roxana Robinson

An engrossing exploration of the vows we make to one another and what we owe to others and ourselves.

Strong Passions
    by Barbara Weisberg

Shocking revelations of a wife's adultery in 19th New York explode in an incendiary trial exposing the upper-crust and its secrets.

Win This Book
Win The Cleaner

The Cleaner
by Brandi Wells

Rarely has cubicle culture been depicted in such griminess or with such glee."
PW (starred review)