Reader reviews and comments on In the Heart of the Sea, plus links to write your own review.

In the Heart of the Sea

May 2001, 302 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for In the Heart of the Sea

Irtza Imran (03/28/18)

In the Heart of the Sea Book Review
I think that this really good to read and this book is very interesting to learn about how you sail a boat and how you catch a whale fish.
Miranda (12/11/04)

Graphic and amazing
Amanda V (12/08/04)

I chose to read this book for an assignment for my AP US History class and I cannot tell you how impressed I was. Some of my friends read this book a couple of years ago in their 8th grade US History class and told me how great it was, so I thought that I would take a chance on it. I loved it and now am even more intruiged to read Moby Dick because I don't know how that story could be any more interesting and exciting as fiction than it is as nonfiction.
Keven (10/16/04)

It is a good book to understand American culuture,even human nature, it is not only a historic story, but a reflection of current world. Is that whale just a whale ? He is a hero.

Alice (09/09/04)

This book starts off kind of slow but realy picks up in the middle and is on fire by the end, youll be asking yourself "Is there a sequel?"
Susan (03/24/04)

I loved this book! It's a great true story,and it offers insight into a place, time and industry that I knew very little about.
Sarah (01/22/04)

This book was not only insightful as to some of the nature of cannibalism, but it also gives insight into the hard life that these men had to endure as sailors.
andrea b. (01/14/04)

I really enjoyed this book and it had a great plot aswell as great characters and details...i recommend this book to people of all ages.It's GREAT!!!

• Book Jacket: Call Me American

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E