Reader reviews and comments on In the Heart of the Sea, plus links to write your own review.

In the Heart of the Sea

There are currently 17 reader reviews for In the Heart of the Sea

Miranda

Graphic and amazing
Amanda V

I chose to read this book for an assignment for my AP US History class and I cannot tell you how impressed I was. Some of my friends read this book a couple of years ago in their 8th grade US History class and told me how great it was, so I thought that I would take a chance on it. I loved it and now am even more intruiged to read Moby Dick because I don't know how that story could be any more interesting and exciting as fiction than it is as nonfiction.
Keven

It is a good book to understand American culuture,even human nature, it is not only a historic story, but a reflection of current world. Is that whale just a whale ? He is a hero.

Susan

I loved this book! It's a great true story,and it offers insight into a place, time and industry that I knew very little about.
Sarah

This book was not only insightful as to some of the nature of cannibalism, but it also gives insight into the hard life that these men had to endure as sailors.
Vikki

I read this book after I saw it at Virgin Records. It is so cool and full of action.
Ashley DuPlessis

I started reading this book and just couldn't put it down. I even dropped it in the bathtub a couple times! I thought it was excellent and very realistic. It actually made me thirsty while reading of the sailor's dehydration.
Dan

This book is great I read it for an independant study for school its a great read!

• Book Jacket: On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous
    On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous
    by Ocean Vuong
    On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous, the bold and bracing debut novel by acclaimed poet Ocean Vuong, ...
  • Book Jacket: Daisy Jones & The Six
    Daisy Jones & The Six
    by Taylor Jenkins Reid
    In this evocative novel written in the format of an interview with members of a fictional music ...
  • Book Jacket: The Age of Living Machines
    The Age of Living Machines
    by Susan Hockfield
    In the face of looming global challenges, such as overpopulation, resource depletion and disease, Dr...
    The Mars Room
    by Rachel Kushner
    There is palpable tension between expectation and reality in Rachel Kushner's third novel. The ...

Patsy
    by Nicole Dennis-Benn

A haunting depiction of immigration and womanhood, and the silent threads of love.