What readers think of In the Heart of the Sea, plus links to write your own review.

In the Heart of the Sea

There are currently 17 reader reviews for In the Heart of the Sea

Miranda

Graphic and amazing
Amanda V

I chose to read this book for an assignment for my AP US History class and I cannot tell you how impressed I was. Some of my friends read this book a couple of years ago in their 8th grade US History class and told me how great it was, so I thought that I would take a chance on it. I loved it and now am even more intruiged to read Moby Dick because I don't know how that story could be any more interesting and exciting as fiction than it is as nonfiction.
Keven

It is a good book to understand American culuture,even human nature, it is not only a historic story, but a reflection of current world. Is that whale just a whale ? He is a hero.

Susan

I loved this book! It's a great true story,and it offers insight into a place, time and industry that I knew very little about.
Sarah

This book was not only insightful as to some of the nature of cannibalism, but it also gives insight into the hard life that these men had to endure as sailors.
Vikki

I read this book after I saw it at Virgin Records. It is so cool and full of action.
Ashley DuPlessis

I started reading this book and just couldn't put it down. I even dropped it in the bathtub a couple times! I thought it was excellent and very realistic. It actually made me thirsty while reading of the sailor's dehydration.
Dan

This book is great I read it for an independant study for school its a great read!

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Code Breaker
    The Code Breaker
    by Walter Isaacson
    What makes humans human? It's a mystery that has inspired philosophers and driven scientific ...
  • Book Jacket: Genesis
    Genesis
    by Guido Tonelli
    Popular science books represent an important niche in non-fiction. They build a bridge between ...
  • Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...
  • Book Jacket: Firekeeper's Daughter
    Firekeeper's Daughter
    by Angeline Boulley
    Angeline Boulley's young adult novel Firekeeper's Daughter follows 18-year-old Daunis — ...

The Girl in His Shadow
by Audrey Blake
The story of one woman who believed in scientific medicine before the world believed in her.

A Theater for Dreamers
    by Polly Samson

A spellbinding tour-de-force about the beauty between naïveté and cruelty, artist and muse.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Wherever they burn books, in the end will also burn human beings.

A S I T closet