MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on In the Heart of the Sea, plus links to write your own review.

In the Heart of the Sea

There are currently 16 reader reviews for In the Heart of the Sea

Miranda (12/11/04)

Graphic and amazing
Amanda V (12/08/04)

I chose to read this book for an assignment for my AP US History class and I cannot tell you how impressed I was. Some of my friends read this book a couple of years ago in their 8th grade US History class and told me how great it was, so I thought that I would take a chance on it. I loved it and now am even more intruiged to read Moby Dick because I don't know how that story could be any more interesting and exciting as fiction than it is as nonfiction.
Keven (10/16/04)

It is a good book to understand American culuture,even human nature, it is not only a historic story, but a reflection of current world. Is that whale just a whale ? He is a hero.

Alice (09/09/04)

This book starts off kind of slow but realy picks up in the middle and is on fire by the end, youll be asking yourself "Is there a sequel?"
Susan (03/24/04)

I loved this book! It's a great true story,and it offers insight into a place, time and industry that I knew very little about.
Sarah (01/22/04)

This book was not only insightful as to some of the nature of cannibalism, but it also gives insight into the hard life that these men had to endure as sailors.
andrea b. (01/14/04)

I really enjoyed this book and it had a great plot aswell as great characters and details...i recommend this book to people of all ages.It's GREAT!!!
Vikki (04/27/03)

I read this book after I saw it at Virgin Records. It is so cool and full of action.

• Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...
  • Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun