What readers think of White Oleander, plus links to write your own review.

White Oleander

by Janet Fitch

White Oleander by Janet Fitch X
White Oleander by Janet Fitch

May 1999, 390 pages
    May 2000, 400 pages

There are currently 62 reader reviews for White Oleander

krystie

this book had a soft lyrical sense of language. the realistic themes help a younger generation to feel more alert to life. this book also helps provide a justification for people who have experienced the horror of child abuse. i am proud to give it a 5.
lauren

Absolutly breath takiing....an unforgetable story....that leaves you hanging in mid air after every word.
Nicole

This book was amazing. It kept me reading from page to page non stop. I loved Janet Fitch's writing in this novel and i hope to read a lot more of her work in the future!
Kelly

This is the best book I have ever read. Although I have obviously never experienced something near as tromatising as Astrid, I coulr reallyrelate to her.It's a heavy book, but I would definatly recomend it.
Pippin

truly amazing! this book demonstartes the knowledge and understanding as if the author had actually gone theough these horrible experiences herself. truly an amazing story filled with innnocence, compassion, annd beauty
Alie

I'm a Junior in High School and my mom recommended this book to me. I have never read a book that has actually made me emotionally moved. Everyday I didn't want to put it down and when it finished I wanted it to keep going. You have to like looking deep into a psychological point of view of a persons life to read this book. White Oleander was incredible and by far the best book I have ever read.
Stephanie

This is by far the best book I have ever read. It is also very depressing as to what Astrid experiences with her foster homes.
deanna shriver

UNBELIEVABE! ONE OF THE BEST READS POSSIBLE. (PROPS TO THE AUTHOR FOR HER EXCELLENT SKILLS

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Swimming Back to Trout River
    Swimming Back to Trout River
    by Linda Rui Feng
    Linda Rui Feng's first novel, Swimming Back to Trout River, is a powerful meditation on the ties ...
  • Book Jacket: The Unfit Heiress
    The Unfit Heiress
    by Audrey Farley
    During the American eugenics movement (see Beyond the Book), involuntary sterilization was used to ...
    Daughters Of Smoke & Fire
    by Ava Homa
    Ava Homa's debut novel begins with an epigraph by Sherko Bekas, a Kurdish poet, the last lines of ...
    The Last Flight
    by Julie Clark
    Julie Clark's second novel, The Last Flight, is the tale of two women, each desperate to escape an ...

The Book of Lost Names
by Kristin Harmel
A heartrending novel of survival, inspired by an astonishing true story from World War II.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Footnotes
    by Caseen Gaines

The story of New York in the roaring twenties and the first Broadway show with an all-black cast.

Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.

H I T Best P