What readers think of The Last Flight, plus links to write your own review.

The Last Flight

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 7 reader reviews for The Last Flight

Vivian Harrington

Loved it
I really enjoyed this book. It had some fascinating twists & turns. This is an interesting story of the lengths a woman will go to in order to escape from an abusive relationship.
Michael Colburn

A good book that lives with you long after your done
Oh I loved this book! Claire and Eva are both amazing women fighting through their own circumstances with such strength and purpose. From beginning to end you are captivated in this story. Such a creative plot that intertwines both lives and their struggles. I love the supporting cast of friends that bond with Claire and Eva. Liz is the loving nurturing supportive mother Eva never had. I think I would have preferred to not have read the epilogue though.
llani

Suspense is undeniable
In the age of covid-19, when we all would all like to escape to the moon, Julie Clark offers up the perfect remedy. Speeding forward like a locomotive, the book pulsates with the energy of a good suspense novel, while creating heart stealing characters. Claire is married to a powerful, rich, handsome man but who abuses her physically and emotionally behind the scenes. Eva, the other main character, brought up in orphanages,has a hard time adjusting to life and gets involved in manufacturing and selling drugs to survive. Both want to escape their lives and when a chance meeting occurs at the airport they decide to switch tickets and identities. The consequence of that becomes the main focus of the book and structurally is ingeniously crafted. Friendship, "the Me Too Movement "and morality come into play in this propulsive novel that begs to be read in one fell swoop. Thank you Ms. Clark, for giving relief to part company from the real world around me.
SjD

A Compelling Thriller
The Last Flight is a well written story of two separate women trying to escape the consequences of the decisions they have made. Chapters alternate between the characters and I found myself sympathizing with and hopeful that each of the them would succeed in their “flights”.
Book Club Cheerleader

Gotta Get Away
I loved this book from the premise--and it didn't disappoint! Fast paced, yet great attention to character development and detail. I'm a slow reader, but this one kept me turning the page. Lots to discuss for book clubs: motivation, life-style, strength/ tenacity. Highly recommend!

Suspenseful, timely
Thanks to Netgalley and Sourcebooks LANDMARK for providing me this ARC. I highly recommend this upcoming thriller title. It starts a bit slowly, but by the midpoint, I was hooked on the stories of the main characters and their interplay. Great suspense, right up until the end and fantastic realistic women characters. A timely story for the current state of the #MeToo movement.
Nanette S.

The Last Flight
Interesting premise - if one needed to disappear would the choice be to leave quickly, book a flight and hope to find someone at the airport needing to do the same thing? This psychological thriller does just that, Claire and Eva each need to find ways to vanish. They happen to meet at the airport and create a scheme to switch their tickets. This well written story gives enough details about the past and present of both characters to see how they parallel and intertwine throughout, enough to keep my wanting to turn the pages. Although this is being labeled as a psychological thriller, I found it to be a simmering, suspenseful story I enjoyed reading.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Winter in Sokcho
    Winter in Sokcho
    by Elisa Dusapin
    Our unnamed narrator is a young French-Korean woman who works at a guest house in Sokcho, a popular ...
  • Book Jacket: Second Place
    Second Place
    by Rachel Cusk
    Rachel Cusk's Outline trilogy drew much of its substance from monologues and dialogues that swirled ...
  • Book Jacket: The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman is the comedic debut novel of writer Julietta Henderson. It ...
  • Book Jacket: In Search of a Kingdom
    In Search of a Kingdom
    by Laurence Bergreen
    The Age of Exploration in the early modern period, lasting roughly from the 15th through 16th ...

Of Women and Salt
by Gabriela Garcia
A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor

A S I T closet