What readers think of The Book of Longings, plus links to write your own review.

The Book of Longings

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Book of Longings

Sue B

What if???
This book was so very interesting from the very start till the end, couldn't put it down and thought about it a lot when not reading. What if Jesus was married? What if his brother in law was Judas? What if he lived a very normal, poor life until his ministry began? These and other questions are all looked at from the vantage point of his wife, Ana. Along with a lot of historical background the story is very compelling, I will recommend this to all my bookclub friends.
Cathy

Amazing
As a fan of Sue Monk Kidd, I eagerly awaited her new novel. What a captivating story she has woven, it is a completely different outlook on the life of Jesus, told from the perspective of his wife. Wow! It is beautifully and respectfully written and her images will remain with me. In this age of distancing I have started my far flung book club reading and passing along copies of this amazing novel. We will have so much to discuss!
Katie

Not for me
I could not relate to this story. Maybe if the names had been other than Jesus and Mary it would have been easier to read. I kept getting bogged down in my religious upbringing.

The Nag Hammadi Texts

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Winter in Sokcho
    Winter in Sokcho
    by Elisa Dusapin
    Our unnamed narrator is a young French-Korean woman who works at a guest house in Sokcho, a popular ...
  • Book Jacket: Second Place
    Second Place
    by Rachel Cusk
    Rachel Cusk's Outline trilogy drew much of its substance from monologues and dialogues that swirled ...
  • Book Jacket: The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman is the comedic debut novel of writer Julietta Henderson. It ...
  • Book Jacket: In Search of a Kingdom
    In Search of a Kingdom
    by Laurence Bergreen
    The Age of Exploration in the early modern period, lasting roughly from the 15th through 16th ...

Of Women and Salt
by Gabriela Garcia
A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.

A S I T closet