Reader reviews and comments on Back Roads, plus links to write your own review.

Back Roads

by Tawni O'Dell

Back Roads by Tawni O'Dell X
Back Roads by Tawni O'Dell

Mar 2000, 338 pages
    Jan 2001, 416 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Back Roads

I WANT MORE!!!!!

Oh my god I LOVE THIS BOOK, i actually skipped classes to go into the library to finish this book off. GOD ive just finished it and i totally want more. When reading about what Harley is going through, its like u wanna run away with him, be crazy with him, experience the thingz that he is experiencing. I felt so much emotion for these characters. Ihavent been reading long bcos i thought books were boring (as u do wen ur young) but this book will always be my favourite by far, no book will ever take its place. OH GOD PLZ WRITE MORE!!!!! ( dont give this 5 i give it 100000000000!!!!)

AMANDA, 18, Wellington, NZ
bobby

this is an amazingly-written book! interesting and engaging all the way to the end.... you must read this booK!
Kai Glasgow

A story told with a real voice. You get a genuine sense of the characters' pain and you're compelled to care for the characters as if they were your own brothers, sisters and friends. This book will melt you to tears of laughter and tears of sadness - a great tragedy. Once you pick it up you'll be riddled with guilt if you put it down. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME - Every page is an event, can't wait for O'Dell to do it again.

Kai Glasgow Toronto, Onatrio Canada
Jess

I loved this book. It was suspensful. Once you read it,you must finish!
FELISA

This is my favorite book by far. The characters totally came alive for me and I love Tawni's writing style. I only wish she had more books out there!
Anne Excellent Book

Heard it on audio tape. Great story
Jennifer

LOVE THIS DAMN BOOK-SO GRITTY, REAL, DYSFUNCTIONAL, SAD, HAPPY AND FUNNY, ALL AT ONCE?!? O'dELL IS A GENIUS0NEVER HAVE i FELT SO CLOSE TO A CHARACTER IN A BOOK, BUT HEY, WERE SIMILAR....I GIVE IT 10 THUMBS UP!!!!
Ray

This is a great book! It is modern, perverted, but incredibly real, and it totally captivates your mind. When you start reading, you just can't stop, and every page has something worth while in it. Most books I have read have a few good chapters and a lot of boring ones, but every single page is good. BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ, BUY IT, READ IT, LOVE IT!

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Cold Millions
    The Cold Millions
    by Jess Walter
    Jess Walter's The Cold Millions centers around 16-year-old Rye Dolan and his 23-year-old brother Gig...
    The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...
  • Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R