Announcing Our Best Books of 2021

What readers think of Girl, Woman, Other, plus links to write your own review.

Girl, Woman, Other

Elisabeth Cook

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Girl, Woman, Other

Anna Rowe

Worth Reading
I thought this book was quite an accomplishment. It is a novel but reads more like a collection of twelve stories, each about an individual woman who is directly or indirectly connected to the others. It is the depth and development of these characters that is so impressive. They are all so different and unique and she gives them full, complex lives and an abundance of personality. It took me a bit of time to warm up to the structure of the book but once I did, I just enjoyed and appreciated it more and more as I read. A must read for those that love a character driven book.
Anna Rowe

For Those Who Love Character

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

The Office of Historical Corrections
    by Danielle Evans
    In The Office of Historical Corrections, the second story collection from Danielle Evans, readers ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Mother
    The Book of Mother
    by Violaine Huisman
    Fictionalizing the life of author Violaine Huisman's own mother, this debut novel is split into ...
    People from My Neighborhood
    by Hiromi Kawakami
    People from My Neighborhood is exactly what it sounds like — an unnamed narrator recounts a ...
    Win Me Something
    by Kyle Lucia Wu
    Kyle Lucia Wu's Win Me Something opens with a young woman named Willa explaining that she did not ...

Beasts of a Little Land
    by Juhea Kim

An epic story of love, war, and redemption set against the backdrop of the Korean independence movement.

Win This Book!
Win Taste Makers

Taste Makers
by Mayukh Sen

America's modern culinary history told through the lives of seven pathbreaking chefs and food writers.

The Big Holiday Wordplay