What readers think of Girl, Woman, Other, plus links to write your own review.

Girl, Woman, Other

Elisabeth Cook

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Girl, Woman, Other

Anna Rowe

Worth Reading
I thought this book was quite an accomplishment. It is a novel but reads more like a collection of twelve stories, each about an individual woman who is directly or indirectly connected to the others. It is the depth and development of these characters that is so impressive. They are all so different and unique and she gives them full, complex lives and an abundance of personality. It took me a bit of time to warm up to the structure of the book but once I did, I just enjoyed and appreciated it more and more as I read. A must read for those that love a character driven book.
Anna Rowe

For Those Who Love Character

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel
    Kristin Harmel's historical novel The Forest of Vanishing Stars was very well-received by our First ...
  • Book Jacket: African Europeans
    African Europeans
    by Olivette Otele
    The nexus of Africans and Europeans is not a recent historical development. Rather, the peoples of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Killing Hills
    The Killing Hills
    by Chris Offutt
    The personified hills of the novel's title foreshadow the mood of this brooding and ominous tale. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vixen
    The Vixen
    by Francine Prose
    Recent Harvard graduate Simon Putnam has been rejected from grad school and has thus returned to his...

All the Little Hopes
by Leah Weiss
A Southern story of friendship forged by books and bees, in the murky shadows of World War II.

The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel

An evocative coming-of-age World War II story from the author of The Book of Lost Names.

The Temple House Vanishing
    by Rachel Donohue

A modern gothic page-turner set in a Victorian mansion in Ireland.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N